What made your day awesome?
Feb 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #167 of 673
Fish and chips and an Old Speckled Hen for supper... 
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #168 of 673
I successfully soldered my first PWB with our new IR reflow oven. Pretty much all the soldering I do at work is 0402 passives, and IC's and connectors with lead pitch down to 0.3mm. I usually use a microscope, and can do most any part, but now all I have to do is apply solder paste with the stencil, place the parts, and pop it in the oven. I was quite amazed that everything worked the first time out, especially on a Friday afternoon.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #169 of 673

Not exactly awesome, but that CE package I complained about recently in the QQ thread is still delayed, but they'll be sending me a free copy of the CD set because I complained. :3

Quote:
That "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" soundtrack I ordered that I complained about recently in QQ arrived today with some of my textbooks. So I get a whole extra month with it 
biggrin.gif

The package itself is very nice, for presentation it's at least on par with the Skyrim soundtrack, disregarding the signature on that. At at less than half the price, too. Nice foldout case with a cool smoky slip cover. I haven't listened to it yet but I don't need to, from the free online sample and MorbidToaster's praise I know it'll be good.

Oh, and also pony shirts arrived too but you guys don't want to hear about that.

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #170 of 673
I think I'm getting better at this here "writing" thing. More coherent, at least. Also started the first episode of Spartacus Vengeance.

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #171 of 673
My ESW9's arrived this morning after taking more than a month to get here. 
beyersmile.png

I can't believe how fantastic they sound, even straight out my laptop computer, not necessarily more detailed than my SRH840's, but so much richer, vibrant and more engaging.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #173 of 673
Watching a vhs rip of FREAK SHOW. A multi-story horror movie from 1995. Plenty of beefy b-movie cheese to indulge in.
Listening to the magical rainbow voice of Whitney Houston as radio stations pay tribute to a legend gone too soon.
Playing Kingdoms Of Amalur with its story book innocence suddenly transforming into a nightmare world of violence. Hmm kind of reminds me of puberty :)
Playing Skyrim as it plays out like every Warren, Marvel, Simon Bisley, Frank Frazetta comic and magazine fantasy of my childhood years.
Playing Fallout 3 and seeing the fantastic visuals of a monolithic sci-fi world devastated by war come alive by the artistic majesty of Adam Adamowicz and the masters of creation at Bethesda.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #174 of 673

New vinyl!

Skream - Anticipate (Single)
Tycho - Dive
The Qemists - Your Revolution (Single)

Bought Anticipate the other day, great song.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #179 of 673
Going to work every day in 5AM and Knowing that my money will be well-spend (on audio gear of course).

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #180 of 673
What made my day awesome...

I pulled a piece of skin around my toe nail. It didn't bleed.

AWESOME

Some idiotic drug addict bought a bike I was selling that was WAY overpriced

AWESOME

"Crisps, AWESOME."

"NO! They are not awesome, they are crunchy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back