What Live concerts have you attended?
Nov 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #511 of 739
  Out of curiosity.....Has anyone else been to a concert by themselves? The Zappa show was the only show I had gone to alone!! My friends weren't interested but I had to see what this guy was all about. I am so glad I went!! He put on an awesome show!!!

I saw The Doobie Brothers by myself when I was 16yo.  It was the "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" tour, "Black Water" was just breaking out as a hit single as it was a B-side to "Another Park, Another Sunday."  Jeff "Skunk" Baxter had just left Steely Dan and joined the band, he was impressive.  Friends had already blown their cash seeing BTO. 

My biggest regret is having never seen:

Pink Floyd

Other concerts I wish I had gone to:

The Police
ELO
Thomas Dolby
Gary Numan and the Tubeway Army
Genesis when Peter Gabriel was their singer!!
Sex Pistols
Slim Pickens

A little before my time but wish I had seen:

The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix

Another concert I did go to that is not on my list:

Styx

This could be a long list for me but I'll keep it contained to groups I could have, but didn't see:

The Cars 
angry_face.gif

The Foo Fighters/Red Hot Chili Peppers
Ozzy/Rob Zombie had tickets cancelled as Sharon came down with Breast Cancer.
Pink Floyd "Animals" tour, had tickets I came down with Mono so I gave them to my sister who decided to give them to my Ex Girlfriend and her new boyfriend
mad.gif

REM
Elton John
Van Halen their first tour (what the hell was I thinking)
Jack White or White Stripes
Oasis
Dire Straits

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #512 of 739
Out of curiosity.....Has anyone else been to a concert by themselves? The Zappa show was the only show I had gone to alone!! My friends weren't interested but I had to see what this guy was all about. I am so glad I went!! He put on an awesome show!!!

Two: Pink Floyd (the Wall concert in NY). It was sold out & no one wanted to try scalping with me.
The other was Grateful Dead.
Completely different crowds, but no regrets for either.

Yeah, you're right. Zappa show was like nothing else...kinda like Zappa himself.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #513 of 739
My biggest regret is having never seen:

Pink Floyd

Other concerts I wish I had gone to:

The Police
ELO
Thomas Dolby
Gary Numan and the Tubeway Army
Genesis when Peter Gabriel was their singer!!
Sex Pistols
Slim Pickens

A little before my time but wish I had seen:

The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix

Another concert I did go to that is not on my list:

Styx

Yes, great point! All the Genesis shows I saw were post Gabriel. It would've been great to see them with him out in front. Selling England is one of my favorites...

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #514 of 739
my parents bought tickets to see The Eagles months ago on there reunion/final tour.. there headed to msg on monday. I hated listening to there music as a kid my mom always had a eagles CD or cassette in the car but now that im older I really appreciate there stuff. They had to pay over $600 because tickets were sold out but it was a anniversary gift from my dad.. bought on stubhub lol

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #515 of 739
I've seen Parov Stelar Band yesterday and it was an amazing concert ! One of the best i've attended in a while.
They just played their very best of, was an awesome night !

I really do recommend to see them :D

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #516 of 739
The Eagles last night on the "History of The Eagles" tour.  Did not have tickets till one day before the show a coworker offered me their tickets at face value as their babysitter cancelled out on them. I saw them four years ago and frankly I enjoyed this show even more.  Bernie Leadon one of the four original members played about half the set.  Henley's voice was in fine form, however Joe Walsh stole the show. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #517 of 739
  The Eagles last night on the "History of The Eagles" tour.  Did not have tickets till one day before the show a coworker offered me their tickets at face value as their babysitter cancelled out on them. I saw them four years ago and frankly I enjoyed this show even more.  Bernie Leadon one of the four original members played about half the set.  Henley's voice was in fine form, however Joe Walsh stole the show. 

My parents went to the show monday in NYC, they loved it!

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #519 of 739
  I got a chance to see The Killers on their first concert in Korea about a month ago. Was really enjoyable!

In the last year I've seen Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, The Lumineers, Eric Clapton, Muse, and The Killers.  My favorite:  The Killers hands down.  The Eagles come the closest, 3 hours of great harmonies.  For intensity of performance and execution The Killers.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #521 of 739
Jake Bugg with opening act The Skins at The Ryman in Nashville

I saw Jake Bugg when he was 18 as the opening act for Noel Gallagher/Snow Patrol at The Ryman in Nashville

Now at 19 he's the main act.  Nice show, Jake is a no frills guy, his guitar playing has improved and his electric guitar work was impressive.  He has added some stage moves that are new.  I really liked the Johnny Cash guitar posturing.  His set list included an acoustic version of "Broken" (my favorite and perfect for the Ryman's superior sound quality) and a cover of Neil Young's "Hey Hey, My My."  

The Skins are a high energy band from Brooklyn, The lead guitar kicked butt, and the lead singer had amazing vocal range.  Adrien Grenier (Entourage) was hanging out with the audience before and after the show, he is filming The Skins on tour.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #522 of 739
Some of my highlights:

I'm too young to have seen The Beatles, but I did see McCartney's tour in 1989. Definite highlight!
The Rolling Stones 
Rush (a few times)
Pink Floyd (after Roger left the band...this was the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour...I was 15)
Roger Waters performing The Wall a few years back and loved every minute

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #523 of 739
  Some of my highlights:

I'm too young to have seen The Beatles, but I did see McCartney's tour in 1989. Definite highlight!
The Rolling Stones 
Rush (a few times)
Pink Floyd (after Roger left the band...this was the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour...I was 15)
Roger Waters performing The Wall a few years back and loved every minute

I saw the Floyd in 1975, I think this was just before "Wish You Were Here" was released.
Amazing.

I saw Rush a few months before the first album was released.
They played at our high school dance.
This was before anyone knew who they were..........LOL!

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #524 of 739

I saw the Floyd in 1975, I think this was just before "Wish You Were Here" was released.
Amazing.

I saw Rush a few months before the first album was released.
They played at our high school dance.
This was before anyone knew who they were..........LOL!

I would have loved to have seen Floyd with Roger part of the band...but in 1975, I was only 3. 
tongue.gif

I've seen Rush a few times...in the 80s and very recently and they are one hell of a great band! But then again, we're both from Hogtown, hard not to be Rush fans!

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #525 of 739
One of the sadder moment of my life, I came down with Mono and was so sick I missed Floyd on the Animals tour.  I had some very hard to find tickets.

Since then I saw Waters on his first solo tour (Paul Carrack played drums) and two years ago The Wall Tour.

The Wall was mind blowing good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back