What Live concerts have you attended?
Aug 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #556 of 739
I heard Dave Weckl & His Acoustic Band at The Iridium Friday night.
First time I saw him live. Great performance, the boys [Dave Weckl, drums - Makoto Ozone, piano & keyboards - Tom Kennedy, bass - Gary Meek, sax] really had some fun on stage, so did the audience.

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #557 of 739
Motorhead
Blue Oyster Cult
Gillan
UFO
Rainbow
Rush
Neil Young
Joan As Policewoman
Walter Trout
Magnum
Hanoi Rocks 
Suzanne Vega
Iron Maiden 
Black Sabbath
Porcupine Tree
Drive By Truckers
Marillion 
Fish
AC/DC
Whitesnake
Black Star Riders
Pure Reason Revolution
Billy Bragg
Throwing Muses 
REM
Belly
David Bowie
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen
Spirit
Sammy Hagar
Rage Against The Machine
Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
Hard Fi
Kings of Leon
Morrissey
U2
Serge Tankian
Mark Lanegan
Richmond Fontaine
Scorpions
Michael Schenker
The White Stripes
The Only Ones
Frank Turner
The Manic Street Preachers
Metallica
Queens of the Stone Age
Def Leppard
Thin Lizzy
Radiohead
Placebo
The Enid
Georeg Borowski
The Tiny Hearts
Paramore
Blink 182
Dinosaur Jr
Future of the Left
The Oysterband
Buzzcocks
The Fall
Foo Fighters 
Muse
The Mars Volta
The Magnetic Fields
The Moody Blues
Yes
Alkaline Trio
Manchester Orchestra
My Bloody Valentine
Mumford and Sons
Kurt Wagner
Alberta Cross
Them Crooked Vultures
Kristin Hersh
Kirsty Macoll
Julian Cope
Courtney Love
Eric Johnson
James
I Am Kloot
Badly Drawn Boy
Hayseed Dixie
Half Man Half Biscuit
Walter Trout
Gary Numan
Guns n Roses
The Gaslight Anthem
Gallows
Budgie
The Fall of Troy
Nine Inch Nails
Dan Le Sac and Scoobius Pip
The XX
British Sea Power
Coheed and Cambria
Dragonforce
Sabaton
Cinerama
The Wedding Present
The Pinky Piglets
Cerys Matthews
Biffy Clyro
Ash
Asia
The Arcade Fire
Angels and Airwaves
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
Mona
Towers of London
Tenacious D
Slipknot
Film School
Saxon
Saga
Montrose
Meatloaf
The Killers
Pulp
The Hold Steady
Hawkwind
The Fray
Enter Shikari
Dio
The Walkmen
Triumph
Mum
Plan White T's
Phillip Sayce
Mostly Autumn
Popa Chubby
The Mission
Mark Lanegan

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #559 of 739
Switchfoot
Green Day
Music Midtown 2011: Coldplay, The Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Walk the Moon, Young the Giant, The Joy Formidable, Manchester Orchestra, The Constellations, The Postelles, Band of Skulls
Music Midtown 2012: Pearl Jam, Florence the Machine, Girl Talk (HATE IT), Ludacris, Neon Trees, Adam Ant, Garbage, LP, O'Brother
Party in the Park 2013: Passion Pit, Grouplove, Ellie Goulding (does not do well live), Yeasayers, The Electric Suns
Party in the Park 2014: Girl Talk (STILL HATE IT), MGMT, The Joy Formidable, Minus the Bear, Stokeswood 

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #560 of 739
BoC was the second gig I went to in 1979 (Manchester Apollo), then again 30 years later at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth, just down the road from where I live...wonderful. U2 in 1985. I think REM were on the same bill...How about your gigs?

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #561 of 739
  BoC was the second gig I went to in 1979 (Manchester Apollo), then again 30 years later at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth, just down the road from where I live...wonderful. U2 in 1985. I think REM were on the same bill...How about your gigs?

Cool! I expected they would be great. I missed BoC last year when they played their anniversary concert at Times Square  :/

We overlap a bit...mine are in post #504 in this thread.

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #562 of 739
Saw the Eagles last night in Portland. Played for over 3 hours with no warmup band and were spectacular.

If you get a chance to see this "History of the a Eagles" tour do it.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #563 of 739
Saw the Eagles last night in Portland. Played for over 3 hours with no warmup band and were spectacular.

If you get a chance to see this "History of the a Eagles" tour do it.

When I saw them on this tour they had Bernie Leadon (original member) come out and join them on several numbers, that was very cool.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers/Steve Winwood @ Bridgestone Nashville 9/23/14

Winwood lives in Nashville and has joined Petty's tour as an opener on several of his shows this year.  He sounded better than when I saw him in Charlotte 5 years ago.

Petty sounded great, but every other night X months takes it's toll on a 65 year old, and this was the least personable I have seen him, compared to the previous 5 shows I saw in previous tours.

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #564 of 739
Robert Plant in Toronto's Massey Hall this past Sept. 30th.
Brilliant!
Amazing!
He played a lot of new stuff, some old blues covers and some drastically reworked Led Zeppelin.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #565 of 739
Just got tix to see Robin Trower later this month!  

Really looking forward to seeing/hearing him. A very underrated guitarist IMHO. 

cool.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #566 of 739
Toronto Symphony @ Roy Thomson Hall.
They played:
Dvorak's 9th Sym.
Sibelius's Violin Concerto

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #567 of 739
My first live concert was Phish at Worcester Centrum in November of 97, 11/27/97, the following November I saw them twice more in Worcester, and the next year I went to all of the NorthEast shows and then went to their y2k New Year's concert on the Big Cypress Indian Reservation in the everglades of Florida.  This was hands down the best concert experience of my life, which has included hundreds of concerts and festivals from coast to coast over the past 18 years.  Nothing holds a flame to what took place down their in the everglades as Phish played from prior to midnight until sunrise straight through without a stop.  I had given up on Phish and really the whole touring live music scene for quite a while, prior to Phish's split, just after hearing them in 2004 starting to lose it and Trey clearly in a poor state of mind.  This past February I caught a youtube video of Trey promoting drug court, and speaking about his current state of sobriety and that his band was back together.  I decided to give a listen to what I could find online from last fall's tour and was blown away.  Not only were they back on they are tighter than ever. So my most recent concert experience was going to the summer tour opener at the xFinity Center (Great Woods) in Mansfield, MA with row 8 seats.  My expectations were met and exceeded.  Being an epileptic, and this being my first show since I began having seizures I was pretty nervous, with the light show and all.  However, with a good dark pair of shades I was able to enjoy every minute of it, and with this in mind I look forward to catching as many live performances as I can now.  If I can't be there, I will either watch the webcast or download the show the next day and hope somebody who taped it will leave it in 24-Bit sound before uploading the torrent. 
PhillipKatz

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #568 of 739
Paul McCartney Nashville 10/16, my 2nd time to see him live.  Out of the 200+ live concerts I've seen I would rate this #2, #1 was McCartney in NYC at Yankee stadium 2011.

Pat Benatar 10/17 Fall Foothills festival

Next up Jack White can't wait for that one 
L3000.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #569 of 739
I saw a real master of his craft tonight...Robin Trower at the Paramount in NY. It's funny, but I can't help but feel privileged.
:relieved:

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #570 of 739
I saw a real master of his craft tonight...Robin Trower at the Paramount in NY. It's funny, but I can't help but feel privileged.
:relieved:

Nice venue for a legend, loved his work with Procol Harum

On another note I had to post this:  Out of the blue "The Foo Fighters" give a 3 day notice that they would play The Ryman in Nashville for a Halloween show, a Friday night show at MN no less, and priced @ $20 a ticket, 1 day to prepare for ticketmaster and I'm all over that.  I refreshed onto Ticketmaster within a spit second of the sale and get flashed the "no tickets high demand" screen. Seriously I'm a pro at this and I've bought great tickets for high end acts (on the 4th row for "The Killers"), but this sucked and then I find out celebs in Nashville have tickets 
angry_face.gif
 and I couldn't score even bad seats What

Users who are viewing this thread

Back