What languages can you speak?
Oct 29, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #154 of 169
English and conversational Spanish

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #157 of 169
Just English. I took 2 years of Latin in high school. Used it partially to write my dissertation (this resource helped https://dissertation-helpers.co.uk/ ). Before I retired, I would watch the Spanish channel at work during lunch. I even took 2 courses of Spanish at the adult education center. Learning a second language is not part of my adult skill set.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #158 of 169
Just English.....But

I have traveled to foreign countries and I would memorize about maybe 25 or more survival phrases in their language and it really does help.

Another minor tip is if you’re visiting another country and you don’t know the language, a helpful phrase to learn in their language is “I’m just browsing” ....Many times, you may be just looking inside a store just out of curiosity and an employee may ask for their assistance so it’s good to let them know that you are just casually browsing or looking in their language.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #161 of 169
English, Italian، French and Persian

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #162 of 169
English, Latvian, German, Russian.

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #163 of 169
Fluent in English, proficient in Russian, I can get around in French, I can get my face slapped in Spanish and I can order food in Thai.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #164 of 169
I speak English and Spanish at the native level. I can understand written French and Italian reasonably. Und Ich lerne Deutsch.

My goal is to become proficient at French, italian, German, and Russian (though the latter might prove too much of a challenge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back