What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?
Nov 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

imoffline

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new here and not sure what kind of music format is preferred. Wav, AAC, MP3, Appleloseless, AIFF...there too many options. Thanks for answering!!! btw, English is not my first language, so hope I explain my question fairly well.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 8
You should rename the thread to "What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?", as the lack of FLAC, APE and OGG is inexcusable. Otherwise, you're just misleading people into thinking it's a poll about all available audio formats.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 8
If you're using an iPod, AAC is your best bet. A 256kbps AAC file is not audibly different from lossless or uncompressed, and you save both battery life and space by using it over apple lossless files. WAV , AIFF and ALAC(Apple lossless) are all technically the same when played back, and they all take up too much space. I don't think that WAV and AIFF drain your battery like ALAC does though.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 8
AAC for a great size/performance ratio, ALAC for uncomprimised quality.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Actually, I'm considering getting a portable amp/DAC to drive my Turbing Pro Copper. AAC may not be enough

You should do some ABX testing in foobar to see for yourself if that's necessary before doing anything like re-ripping all your CD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back