What is YOUR Myers-Briggs personality?
Mar 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #106 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were already unique cause you smell weird.
tongue.gif

How did my B.O. make it all the way to Australia?

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #109 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rule of thumb should be if you belive in cables upgrades then you're an intuitive type. If you DIY you're a sensing type if you analyze numbers and audio test charts you're a thinking type and if you like colored sound which adds emotionality then you're a feeling type.

This is not really correct - although it may make sense with what the words Intuitive, Sensing, and Thinking mean, it doesn't really correlate well with what they mean in the world of Myers-Briggs.

You can believe in cable upgrades and be a sensing type. Sensing vs. intuition is basically how you collect and process information to get to a conclusion - intuitive people go with their gut and try and fit information they collect into a framework that they trust and understand, sensing people distrust their gut and go by what they can see and hear, building conclusions as they go. An intuitive person is just as likely to hold fast to the idea that cables can make no difference, and a sensing person can easily decide that cables do make a difference because they hear one.

Thinking people can like colored sound just as much as the next person - how you enjoy music's presentation doesn't really correlate with how much you let emotions drive your decisions. As a T, I could easily hear something, know that it's colored, and still decide that it's the way I get most pleasure from music.

I could see DIY correlating with being an S vs. and N I suppose, as S's tend to be happy spending their time on detail-oriented work.

Reading charts and analyzing data would also correlate more with being an S than being a T.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #110 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not really correct - although it may make sense with what the words Intuitive, Sensing, and Thinking mean, it doesn't really correlate well with what they mean in the world of Myers-Briggs.

You can believe in cable upgrades and be a sensing type. Sensing vs. intuition is basically how you collect and process information to get to a conclusion - intuitive people go with their gut and try and fit information they collect into a framework that they trust and understand, sensing people distrust their gut and go by what they can see and hear, building conclusions as they go. An intuitive person is just as likely to hold fast to the idea that cables can make no difference, and a sensing person can easily decide that cables do make a difference because they hear one.

Thinking people can like colored sound just as much as the next person - how you enjoy music's presentation doesn't really correlate with how much you let emotions drive your decisions. As a T, I could easily hear something, know that it's colored, and still decide that it's the way I get most pleasure from music.

I could see DIY correlating with being an S vs. and N I suppose, as S's tend to be happy spending their time on detail-oriented work.

Reading charts and analyzing data would also correlate more with being an S than being a T.

My post was just a generalization and not serious, but i did find it interesting to see so many INTJs.

But the correlation between intuition and believing in cables does work, since intuitive types are the ghost story tellers, the religious ones and they find it easy to believe and go with their 'gut feelings'.

Sensing types are hands on and they could be intuitive and thinking but at the same time they like to interact with objective reality, they're the ones who mod headphones, built cables and write reviews.

Extrovert feelings types are the ones who organize meets and get everyone together and are life of the party. they might like colored sound or not but they'll usually like what everyone else likes.

Then there is the introvert thinking types who are the ones who argue strongly against cables and any other esoteric idea which does not match with their logical framework. They're interested in why a headphone sounds good rather than what makes it sound good.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #111 of 259
INTP- As I was reading the description, I almost stopped at "It is difficult for an (intp) to listen to nonsense." Why? I love nonsense. Then I continued reading "even in a causal conversation, without pointing out the speakers error." Oh, I thought, perhaps the author should've said something more akin to "faulty reason," "crappy logic," or "poor word selection" rather than "nonsense." I guess the description fits.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #113 of 259
I did the test twice - to account for the fact that sometimes one feels this way and other times that way.

The first time came up

INTJ

The second time with at least half the questions answered oppositely the 2nd test came up

INTJ

What!!! I was so certain the results were going to be different.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #114 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My post was just a generalization and not serious, but i did find it interesting to see so many INTJs.

But the correlation between intuition and believing in cables does work, since intuitive types are the ghost story tellers, the religious ones and they find it easy to believe and go with their 'gut feelings'.

Sensing types are hands on and they could be intuitive and thinking but at the same time they like to interact with objective reality, they're the ones who mod headphones, built cables and write reviews.

Extrovert feelings types are the ones who organize meets and get everyone together and are life of the party. they might like colored sound or not but they'll usually like what everyone else likes.

Then there is the introvert thinking types who are the ones who argue strongly against cables and any other esoteric idea which does not match with their logical framework. They're interested in why a headphone sounds good rather than what makes it sound good.

I think you've made a crucial error with regards to the cable issue because calling pro-cablers as "cable believers" is a form of question begging. By calling them believers rather than perceivers, you have already stated that:
1) cables do not change sound
2) pro-cabler's are not trusting their ears
3) cable effects are akin to religion rather than science/technology

And of course the 3rd implication implies an entirely new set of problems. So to make any conclusion or statement regarding "Cable believers" stating that they are -Intuitive- is inherently problematic. A sensing person may very well be a pro-cabler because they sense it!

Additionally extroverts don't necessarily follow the crowd, to be honest most people who are the "life of the party," are usually people who go against the grain. I would attribute being an extrovert more with how a person carries themselves and how they behave -this as no baring on how they feel about certain topics (eg the colouring of music).

Your comment with regards to sensing type and objective reality is also very puzzling considering that objective reality implies beyond sensing because sensing would be subjective reality -your sensing it!

If you're an introvert, I doubt you'd argue much about anything with anyone -unless its on an internet forum. Introverts usually keep to themselves and would more than likely keep to themselves in meetings and gatherings (unless you have a good enough host to bring them out of their shells). But for the most part, this is once again a personality type not a "preference type" so citing their preference to the anti-cabler camp is a bit of a stretch since it has no connection to their personality. The last comment is a bit puzzling, if you wonder why a pair of headphones sound good, aren't you also wondering what makes them sound good?

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #118 of 259
Your Type is
INTJ

Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 22%
Intuitive 12%
Thinking 1%
Judging 1%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
  1. slightly expressed introvert
  2. slightly expressed intuitive personality
  3. slightly expressed thinking personality
  4. slightly expressed judging personality
Famous people of your particular type:
Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

Rational Masterminds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back