What is YOUR Myers-Briggs personality?
May 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #211 of 259
Quote:
Unlike us highly individual cats.

I generally hide indoors, I keep to myself, and I like cheese.

I must be a highly individual mouse!

May 6, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #212 of 259
INTJ

Interestingly, doing the test, I thought about half the questions were a waste of time, reading about the profile though, I'm amazed at how well it fits me..

May 6, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #214 of 259
Quote:
Infj & Intj are supposed to be 1% & 2% of the population or something so it seems pretty popular here lol ^^

Not too surprising on an enthusiast forum on the Internet. The other personality types are all out doing things called "partying" or "having fun" or "sex." 
tongue.gif

Seriously, though, people who are willing to devote a significant portion of their lives to exploring the depths of a particular hobby or interest (as opposed to amassing a large collection of interests and activities but not spending a lot of time with any particular one), especially a solitary one like headphone listening, are more likely, I believe, to be Ixxx types.

In other words, the very nature of the Internet forum--a place where lots of people can gather, without actually having to suffer each other's personal presence, and get down to the minutiae of a given topic--attracts these types, so there will be an unusually high concentration of them.

I personally find conversing with people on a forum much more comfortable than talking to people in the real world. Live conversations are wild, unruly, inconsistent, and largely directionless affairs--especially as the number of people involved increases--and I have trouble keeping up. Fora are much more structured than free-form conversations, with sub-fora devoted to specific areas and threads devoted to specific topics within these areas.

This means that (theoretically) the discourse in fora is more organized and relevant and tends to stay focused on a set topic, giving everybody time to get as much out of it as they want. A real life conversation seldom stays on one topic for very long, meaning people who are more attracted to depth of discourse than breadth (i.e. Ixxx types) will often feel like the conversation has left them behind and that large portions of it are wasted on uninteresting subjects and/or mindless babble. Accordingly, they will have very little to contribute most of the time, but when the conversation shifts to something they actually care about they will seldom feel like they got out everything they wanted to say before it shifts away again.

tl;dr: Internet fora are better suited to Ixxx types than the typical conversation, so these types will tend to prefer communicating on fora, and thus there will be a higher than normal concentration of these types in any given forum.

May 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #215 of 259
Quote:
INTJ

Interestingly, doing the test, I thought about half the questions were a waste of time, reading about the profile though, I'm amazed at how well it fits me..

The questions are designed to gauge the percentage how much of each trait you have depending on the situation. so yea the overall question is the same but the question asks specifically in different circumstances and that sorta tells you more about yourself.

May 6, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #216 of 259
Quote:Origami
Infj & Intj are supposed to be 1% & 2% of the population or something so it seems pretty popular here lol ^^

I am supposed to have an IQ in the mid 140's (usually 144 to 146) which is supposed to be in the top 2% of the population.
I find this hard to believe, knowing some of the unintelligent things I am guilty of.
No, there will be no further details given. I am not that stupid.

May 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #217 of 259
Quote:

I am supposed to have an IQ in the mid 140's (usually 144 to 146) which is supposed to be in the top 2% of the population.
I find this hard to believe, knowing some of the unintelligent things I am guilty of.

This guy knows how to cover his 
deadhorse.gif

May 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #218 of 259
then why do you like pineapple? My IQ is up there too, but I hate pineapple.

May 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #220 of 259
May 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #221 of 259
Quote:
It's a taste thing...

I bet you don't like chinotto either....

If it's what I think it is, I remember liking it quite a bit. Quite a unique flavor, though, and I can how somebody might not like it.

May 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #223 of 259
INTJ

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(38%) Judging(22%)

moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Describes me much better than the official test I took from my career center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back