What is your favourite flavour of crisp (chip) ?
Jun 5, 2005 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that my teeth are back in action I've been using the right hand side of my mouth to chew for the first time in almost 2 years! I've been crunching away on nuts (peanuts) and am rediscovering the pleasures of biting down on a bag of crisps..... I think you geezers call them "chips" in the US? (thinly sliced potato deep fried and flavoured)

Well, I've been getting my Hampsteads (teeth) around quite a few flavours and still like smokey bacon flavour the best.... I used to really dig Smith's Bovril flavoured crisps but they seem to have disappeared
confused.gif

What's your favourite flavour?

Please note: This poll features popular crisps available in the UK.

EDIT: The poll would only allow me 20 crisps.... I could have easily entered hundreds of crisps into the poll so if your crisp of choice doesn't appear in the poll then tell us about your favourite flavour and vote "other"

Jun 5, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 51
My chip of choice is the Salsa Doritos. They are uber good, pair them with a nice sub sandwich and a cup of jalapeños and you've got yourself a nice lunch!
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 51
Before we go any further a Dorito or a pringle is not a "crisp" The poll is for flavoured "crisps" ie: thinly sliced deep fried potato which has been coated with a flavouring..... It's got to be 100% potato and nothing else.

crisps.jpg

Those things that are real deep fried potatoes

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Walkers Smoky Bacon flavour, they are a pain to find here in the states.

I'll send you over a few bags if you like?

Mike.

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 51
I'm off to sample the classic UK crisp........ "Salt & Vinegar" I managed to get 5 packets for a quid (£1) so I'm off to eat them........

Pinkie.

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 51
There's this place near me called the Madison Deli that sells a brand of chips called "Dirty's". They're kettle cooked chips (the best kind IMO) and my favorite flavor is Honey Mustard. Unfortunately they no longer have that so I get my next choice, Garlic and Herb.

Jun 5, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #14 of 51
Not sure if anyone's had it, but Ruffles used to make a flavor that was called "The Works". They were awesome, me and my friend would snack on em all the time. The flavor was something like a baked potato (bacon, cream cheese, etc). They stopped making it as far as I know. My other favorite would be Cape Cod chips plain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back