What is your favorite video game?
Jul 27, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #151 of 182
I am a casual player and enjoy mostly single-player games. Here are my top five games currently, in no particular order:
  • Celeste: What is going on at Mt. Celeste? Celeste is a fairly short game with a good balance of difficulty and enjoyment. The story is also short but interesting, and the "Animal Crossing" voices always crack me up.
  • Genshin Impact: Yes, it's a "Gotcha" or "Gacha" game, but I can't help but like the combat, quests, and world. The music certainly helps. The combat system is simple: owning a basic attack, a normal ability, and an ultimate. But the ability to switch between three other members is a great deal.
  • NieR: Automata: open world with robots and robots. I always had a soft spot for games that took place in the future.
  • Octopath Traveler II: The best-looking pixel JRPG game I've played. 8 main characters, so I'm getting 8 games in one! Well, at least eight short stories.
  • Yakuza 0: People call it the "Japanese Grand Theft Auto". Beat 'em up and open world in a small town. The story is quite unrealistic, but that only makes it more emotional.

Jul 28, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #152 of 182
For single player/story mode the original Mafia game, for multiplayer it has to be Battlefield 2. Its the only game I played till sunrise.

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #153 of 182
There have been too many to list over the years - and it's been a lot of years - but some favorites were, and in some cases still are:

Quake 3 Arena
Quake Live (yes, I actually played quake instead of just talking about it, though not much recently)
Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3, and 4
Soul Calibur 2 through 5
Terraria
Grim Dawn
Fallout 3, 4, and NV
Slay the Spire
Valheim
Deep Rock Galactic

I'm pretty sure that's where most of the hours went.

Aug 5, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #154 of 182
I have completed many videogames. But the top 3 that easily come in mind are classics:

- Brave Fencer Musashi
- Final Fantasy IX
- Super Mario 64

Not necessarily the best, but still love them like the first time.
Replayed Musashi on Steam Deck last week, amazing!

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #155 of 182
Thief Gold is my favourite game ever if I ignore the last ~4 levels that make my blood boil.
Amnesia: The Bunker is my favourite horror game, it's soooo good.
LISA games are my favourite game series.
Noita is my favourite game that I could replay forever.

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #156 of 182
Not sure which is my favorite, but off the top of my head:

**The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
**The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The first forrest level is what Zelda was but in 3D.
**Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. Had all the good stuff of the original, but less repetitive tasks. I really enjoy environments, story, and history. Origins, Odyssey, and Vahalla are good, but it's like the first one we an extreme abdunance of repetitiveness; so bad it can be challenging to move forward with the story
**GTAIII and after. I enjoyed the environment, the music, some of zaniness. GTA Online, I don't really enjoy. Too many griefers and cheaters.
**Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2. Those are really fun game. Kind of like playing in an old spegetti western. I like the side quests, but they may be too much. The zombie DLC was fun too.

Multiplayer, I really enjoyed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2. There was a group I was part of where we played every Sunday for around 18-24 months. I really enjoy co-op missions.

It's technically a video game, but it's more of a learning tool, I enjoy the Rocksmith series--Rocksmith, Rocksmith 2014 [remastered], and RS+. RS+ has a solid core, but it's still being developed. Nonetheless, it actually can help learn to play guitar. It makes practicing fun instead of mundane.

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #158 of 182
Over the years these were the best for me...
Ballblazer (Atari 800)
Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
Captain Blood (Atari ST)
Wipeout (PS1)
SoulBlade (PS1)
Medieval Total War + mods (PC)
Morrowind (PC)
Black & White (PC)
Half Life (PC)
Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC)
Elden Ring (PC)

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #159 of 182
In my lifetime....

Super Mario 64 (heralded proper 3d gaming)
Zelda 64 (perfected proper 3d gaming)
Doom (best of the early FPS games)
Half Life 2 (best blend of gaming/story/physics)
Super Mario Kart (still my favourite ever 2 player game)
Gran Turismo (the template for most current racing games in one way or another)

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #160 of 182
For those yet to try them, I highly recommend the Yakuza series of games! Deep and memorable storytelling along with amazing fighting mechanics, along with all its 'unique' side modes and missions make for a truly unforgettable experience.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #164 of 182
Bushido blade 🥰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back