What is your favorite sipping tequila?
Jan 26, 2010 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title asks, what is your favorite sipping tequila? I'm no wine and spirits authority, but I do enjoy a nice smooth tequila. The only tequila I've ever bought for sipping is Patrón Añejo and I like it very much. I know there's got to be better stuff out there that isn't insanely expensive but I am very inexperienced in this. Any recommendations?

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the title asks, what is your favorite sipping tequila? I'm no wine and spirits authority, but I do enjoy a nice smooth tequila. The only tequila I've ever bought for sipping is Patrón Añejo and I like it very much. I know there's got to be better stuff out there that isn't insanely expensive but I am very inexperienced in this. Any recommendations?

Favorite tequila? That's easy: scotch

I keed, I keed.

But seriously, Patrón is the only tequila I could ever stand.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patron is severely overrated and garbage compared to the majority of boutique offerings out there. I'm sending you a PM.

Send me one too as I'm quite interested in knowing as well. Enjoying and appreciating the fine things in music via headphones is one thing I like to do, but doing the same with a delicate beverage is another
wink_face.gif
Heck, why not at the same time (as that is what I like to do
biggrin.gif
) I've only had garbage tequila so some inside info would be grand!

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 18
I am by no means an expert, but while I was in Mexico (Study Abroad) I became quite fond of Don Julio. I know this may sound cliché; but my Mexican host family suggested it. I was not disappointed.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 18
sipping tequila? sounds like a paradox.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #8 of 18
It's not boutique, but I've been a longtime fan of the Cazadores Reposado. It's about $25-$30 a bottle and pretty damned good.

etoliate, yes, you can sip the good ones! Just about any high quality liquor can be sipped. I usually gravitate towards bourbon, whiskey, rye, and scotch. Though I've had a couple of very nice rums lately and armangnac is a longtime favorite. I've always preferred it to cognac.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #9 of 18
Only sipping tequila i have ever tried was cuervo black it's not my thing if I'm drinking tequila I'm doing shots of the nastiest cheapest i can find, or cuervo gold lol. I'd rather sip on Ballantine's, i love a great single malt.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 18
Bad experience 6 years ago = no tequila for this guy. I can't stand being within sniffing distance of the stuff. Awful.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 18
believe it or not, 1800 Silver is actually one of the better tasting tequilas in existence (imho, of course).

Patron isnt bad by any stretch of the imagination, but is no better than most others - and certainly not worth the premium cost

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #13 of 18
Tila Tequila of course! Just kidding...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBrewtality /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patron Platinum. simply amazing.

I agree, it's an awesome smooth Blanco Tequila but seriously expensive. I don't drink too much Tequila these days as my body can't tolerate it as it once used to. Other favorite Tequilas that I currently have are 4 Copas Blanco, Corzo Blanco, and Don Julio Blanco.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #15 of 18
CORZO Silver. Damn good stuff!!! Great anyway you drink it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back