what is your favorite shoes???
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #76 of 129
Where in Florida are you?

We've been in Massachusetts for almost 3 years (seemed like a good idea at the time) and are ready to move someplace warm where barefoot and flip-flops are less painful. (I, too, am retired, but have a 12 year old who needs nearby equestrian facilities)

PM me

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #77 of 129
Everyday very casual : sandals, no brand, <$10

Casual: Coverse chuck taylor, I've got 4 pairs in both hi and half cut in different colour and materials

Running: I favour New balance running shoes.

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #79 of 129
Columbia Sportswear mid-height hiking shoes. For general use I find them the most comfortable. Preferably a watertight version for walking on the coast
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #82 of 129
Used to wear a lot of New Balance sneakers...

Then I started working...

Let me tell you, that was a pain. They put pedometers on us one time, average distance walked per shift was 5 miles.

Bought a pair of brown Rockport Southfield dress boots. My my approximations, I have over 500 miles on them. Walking on carpet, I managed to wear all of the tread off.

In the summer, I busted out some Rockport sandals, but not at work.

Then, after about a year, I picked up a pair in black. Switched between them until the black pair was sufficiently broken-in, then wore mostly them.

Then I picked up a nice pair of Ecco dress boots (well, it's iffy. The uppers are like dress shoes, except with goretex, and the bottoms are much thicker and have thick boot tread on them, the box said boots so that's what I'm going with), which are comfier. Only issue with them is that they're brown, so they only match with about a third of my pants, and they're much lower cut than the Rockports, so they don't lace up as nicely (Rockports are like 6" boots, so you can lace them up nice and tightly. Eccos are cut the same as dress shoes, so they don't lace as nicely)

Then I got these slip-on Timberlands called "Power Lounger" or something like that. These, I wear all the time. I have a black pair and a brown pair. Comfier than the Rockports. Softer than the Eccos, which is comfier in most situations but for a really extended amount of standing on a hard surface, the Eccos are better.)

Shoes are a big deal for me. I'm a size 14, which usually means I can only get them online. I stand and walk a lot.

and my feet are just... hobbit feet. My heels are huge callouses roughly three inches round and about an eighth of an inch thick. It's actually kinda cool sometimes, since I can just stand, like no problem. It takes a lot to make my feet sore. So like, I can just stand somewhere for hours on end. Most people get tired and sit down after a few minutes. Hahaha. Sense of superiority? You bet.

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #83 of 129
A pic of my current favorite shoes, Nike Shox TL3, and some Prada Sport boots. I've been through a few pairs of TLs, and while the soles don't last long, they are the most comfortable shoes ever. The Prada boots also very comfy, and just look awesome paired with jeans
smily_headphones1.gif

p1010196hp1.jpg

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #85 of 129
I'm on my feet for 12 hours a day on average. I've tried everything, and I mean e v e r y t h i n g. When all is said and done, the only shoes that give my feet and my back what they need are Dansko clogs. They're not the kind of shoe that you try on and feel 'ooh, they're so comfy. But wear them and you'll see at the end of the day what I'm talking about.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #86 of 129
I'm a big shoe fan. Journeys has some cool shoes now and then. My favorites:

By far, I love my Quotes ****pits, but sadly Journeys is the only place that sold them and they are now discontinued.

Second Place, definitely an eye-catcher:
T-UK Swallows
1_44924_FS.jpg

EDIT: site bleeped out the word c.o.c.k.p.i.t.s. in above descriptions

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #87 of 129
Come to think about it; I haven't been without a pair of black and a pair of brown/oxblood penny loafers ever, since about 1968. It's been my personal favorite from university till today.

I had to leave them in my desk at work during the bicycling years though. They didn't handle the weather and road salt in the winter very well. Or the abuse of the bike pedals. Dedicated bike shoes worked best of course. And sturdy boots on the motorcycle.

I bought the penny loafers at one particular store and I can no longer make out who manufactured them, but I could usually get them resoled about three time before they went out.

For less demanding wear I discovered some Raebok walking shoes that pretty well lasted from 1989 till just a few months ago when I finally fell victim to my Wifes complaining about them and got a new pair almost like them. Made in Vietnam; these new ones are. Guess we finally won that war. Sorta. Maybe, maybe not.

...yeah; I wouldn't have even mentioned that, but I'm listening to Credence Clearwater Revival at the moment.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #88 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pic of my current favorite shoes, Nike Shox TL3, and some Prada Sport boots. I've been through a few pairs of TLs, and while the soles don't last long, they are the most comfortable shoes ever. The Prada boots also very comfy, and just look awesome paired with jeans
smily_headphones1.gif

p1010196hp1.jpg

How do the soles wear out? Did they crack between the shock pillars? Mine did. I took them back and they gave me a new pair for free everytime...I did it twice, then I traded them for Air Max 360's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back