What is your favorite record from 1967?
Feb 7, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Top choices for me would be... John Wesley Harding...

Oops! I was thinking that the there were no Dylan albums that year. Hmmm... I've still gotta go with The Doors (self titled). It's still an amazing album to me.

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #33 of 45
with not mentioning some of the obvious including two psychedelic landmarks I have to mention the The Velvet Underground and Nico for sure and another from a band that get's little attention, Something Else by The Kinks. it's for sure one of me favorites.

and not to be blown away by songs like "Mr Soul" by Buffalo Springfield , the Greatful Dead doing "Good Morning Little School Girl", "Want You Try Saturday Afternoon" by Jefferson Airplane and the album Surrealistic Pillow.

Itchycoo Park by Small Faces

what about Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry? that one song still sets me in a mood to hear it today.

the Look of Love..

Miles Nefertiti..

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's see... The Stones and Dylan did not publish any truly classic albums that year...

Dylan's John Wesley Harding comes from 67 - a classic album if I have ever heard one.

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and another from a band that get's little attention, Something Else by The Kinks. it's for sure one of me favorites.

For some reason I thought this came out in 1966, but I'm getting it flipped with Face To Face. Definitely one of my favourites as well, and probably one of only three albums from 1967 that comes anywhere near my original choice (Procol's debut).

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
velvet_underground_and_nico.jpg

Yes. Amazing album.

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #45 of 45
13th Floor Elevator - Easter Everywhere
Cream - Disraeli Gears
Golden Dawn - Power Plant
Doors - The Doors
Doors - Strange Days
Hollies - Butterfly