What is your favorite Noise-Cancelling Headphone?
Oct 27, 2010 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Audiophile1811

500+ Head-Fier
What is you Noise Cancelling headphone of choice and why?

Describe your reason for choosing these and what you like about them so much. Could you add your favorite genres of music as well? I want to know what music you favor with your chosen NC's.
Thank You, A1811.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 11
I have a pair of noise-canceling headphones, but I usually use IEMs when I want isolation. Granted, they're a pair of old Shure e3c IEMs and there are much better ones out there, but they work really well when I'm on an airplane or other noisy place. Give some thought to a pair of IEMs; I find that most noise-canceling headphones also remove a lot of the good stuff from music while not offering as much isolation as IEMs do.

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 11
Currently, Bose QC15 is still the best active noise canceling phone around.

Whether you need an active noise canceling or passive noise reducing actually depends on your need.
Good active noise canceling phones are comfortable on your head and therefore good for long period of using.
The active noise canceling will provide you noise reduction even without music playing.

If you intend to listening to music for a short period of commute, in-the-ear ones (even cheap ones) should yield satisfactory results.

I listen to classical music, neither of above options can give me great sound in noisy environment anyway.
That's why I can appreciate that the active noise canceling phone acts like a pair of very comfortable earmuff when no music is played.

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 11
I am aware of the fact that the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 rank on the top of the noise cancelling list but they are on the top of my list of disliked headphones. I just won't buy them. I have used them before and they were cheap and some-what dull. Everyone I knew thought they were only valued at about $100 but were close to disturbed after finding out they were sold for three times that.
The bass wasn't pleasurable, the styling was far from surprising, noise-cancellation was weak; It was lacking in nearly every area.
I honestly appreciate the response and I'm more than grateful to have a response but these headphones will never be on my ears again.
Thank You again, A1811.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
What would be your price limit?

Because Noise Cancelling headphones never exceed the price range of  high end reference or studio monitors, price range is essentially unlimited.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back