What is your "Dream System" (portable)?
May 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #61 of 66
The D2's battery still last for 50 hours music playback...
And I also said that it will be bullet proof :p

May 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #62 of 66
Hmm...

Source: Dissected iTouch/iVideo with OLED, 64GB flash, iModded
Amplifier: DIY cMoy with audiophile grade capacitors and dual OPA627, running off a couple of thin lith-ion batteries.

Have both the source and amplifier housed in a carbon fiber enclosure, not much bigger than the size of a small 2.5" SATA harddrive enclosure (twice the thickness is fine by me).

Headphone wise, any flagship IEMs or earbuds, like Ety's ER4S, UE's customs, or Yuin's OK1/PK1.

Sounds achievable.

May 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #63 of 66
My realistic dream portable rig would be similar to the Sansa Fuze with at least 64GB internal memory and a SD slot. It would D-Pad type controls instead of a scroll wheel. It would have great battery life, 30+ hours.

It would run RockBox and have a true line-out. I'd match it up with my W3s and use my RSA Predator when stationary.

Finally, it would have a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time.

-Pony

May 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #64 of 66
iPhone with built in amplifier for the Stax S-002 (custom mold closed back S-001MK2 successor)

May 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #65 of 66
My dream system is close to my now portable system: Cowon iAudio7 (16 GB) and modified Etymotic ER-4P. Additionally I would like at least 32 GB of memory and a conventional joystick operation instead of the touch controls. A sonically even better headphone output stage would be great, also a fully parametric equalizer instead of the semi-parametric one.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #66 of 66
My dream system would be a complete nanotechnology-based audio system that interfaces directly with my brain/nervous system. No need for any external hardware.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize this thread was ancient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back