What is your audio software?
Feb 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #47 of 51
I like Amarok, but I only use it on my Ubuntu or linux machines. On Mac and XP I use Songbird. Songbird - Open Source Music Player I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't like iTunes because it doesn't play .flac and I can't be arsed to convert everything to .alac.

While I like Amarok, it has been about 2 years since they promised windoze and mac versions. They grudgingly put up beta versions of those ports every few months, but every time I try them there is some hassle. Amarok is pretty much my only reason to run linux. I think they know it is one of the few things propping up linux and that is why the ports have been such shameless vaporware. I still use it, grudgingly, its great but I hate being jerked around by them for 2 years of half-assed mac/windoze ports.

Thus, Songbird, installs and runs readily on all platforms, and supports .flac.

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #48 of 51
Foobar for the PC- Does it all, with minimal bloat.
Squeezebox 3 for the bedroom player/ Alarm Clock

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Sequoia 10 - this is the top end program from Magix costing about $3,000 I think.

But I use this for classical music recording and editing for CD release.

BUT.........................

The Cheaper Samplitude programs use the same engine and sound the same (just less functionality) - I think Samplitude SE is around $50.

The thing I find about Samplitude / Sequoia is that it is totally neutral and does not change the character of the music at all.

What other recording programs have you used that made you want to go with Samplitude?

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #50 of 51
Foobar via my audio 8 setup (I have traktor scratch pro for DJ'ing in the living room, the 8 channels makes it easy to run foobar through some of the channels I am not using.

My headphone rig is foobar with aiso plugin so it runs out via my digidesign Mbox2, to my Beyerdynamic A1 powering my DT880 headphones 600ohm.

Foobar is really nice and simple, and I love the fact that I have set up the remote that came with my laptop so I can control all the vital playback functions with it. Sometimes convenience is nice, and to me foobar provides that with minimal tweaking.

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #51 of 51
iTunes and sometimes Foobar2000 when I have my PC up an going
I love the customization of Foobar and REALLY wish there was a direct Mac port for it, but alas
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back