What is this that I have found?
Jun 14, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Fisher = Marantz rebranded. Congratulations on what will probably be a vintage Marantz. You git.

So should I take the Harman Kordon system instead? I don't have a pre amp or anything for this.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
So should I take the Harman Kordon system instead? I don't have a pre amp or anything for this.

If its gonna be a pain to set up, then just go with the HK system. But I would check that the Fisher works and them slap it on ebay. Youll probably make a few bob.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
If its gonna be a pain to set up, then just go with the HK system. But I would check that the Fisher works and them slap it on ebay. Youll probably make a few bob.

I already said it works.
tongue.gif
Where else would it go other than ebay? Maybe these forums? I haven't decided yet.

I don't know if I have enough power outlets for the HK system, but I may see what I can do. I don't need ALL of the things I have plugged in all the time.

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #19 of 63
Quote:

Wow. It was fast, but I'm already going to replace this with a full harman kordon system. I mentioned this to my dad, and he mentioned the full system sitting in our basement.
icon10.gif

*edit*
Pic added!
fisher4qr.jpg

You FOUND that!!!

OMG!!!

Why cant I find cool stuff.
mad.gif
.. Someone left a leaky car battery in front of my house the other day
mad.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
You FOUND that!!!

OMG!!!

Why cant I find cool stuff.
mad.gif
.. Someone left a leaky car battery in front of my house the other day
mad.gif

Hehe. Do you think its worth keeping that and getting a pre amp, or just grabbing the HK system?

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #21 of 63
Find the model number and search eBay to see what they have sold for. It looks like it could be rather good. Just because it turns on doesn't mean it's in perfect working condition. You really need to hook it up to know if it has any problems. Post the model name, number, or any specs you see on it.

If you see anything else that looks like old stereo components being thrown out, grab it!

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 63
I think I'm going to take the HK. It's complete, so I don't just have an amp. I was going to take a picture of the HK setup, but my camera battery died about 2 seconds before the picture.
mad.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #24 of 63
Quote:

Hehe. Do you think its worth keeping that and getting a pre amp, or just grabbing the HK system?

Hows the headphone output?
If it sounds good... keep it!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #25 of 63
Well, it needs a pre amp to truly test it. I have never actually listened to the HK system with headphones, but I'm tempted. None of it is plugged in, though. It worked great with movies.

I think the HK may be smarter, just to save me or my dad some money.
Then again, I don't know where that could fit.

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #26 of 63
Quote:

I'll be back in a few minutes.
icon10.gif

Best post ever, man.
tongue.gif

Seriously though... that's a very cool catch you've got there.

Seems that whenever I've doubled back for a second look at something like that, I always find that there is a giant crack in the faceplate, or the bottom vents have soot coming out of them, or it turns out to be gutted, etc.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #27 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Best post ever, man.
tongue.gif

Seriously though... that's a very cool catch you've got there.

Seems that whenever I've doubled back for a second look at something like that, I always find that there is a giant crack in the faceplate, or the bottom vents have soot coming out of them, or it turns out to be gutted, etc.
rolleyes.gif

Haha. That part about stuff not working sucks, though.
I'm going to test this Fisher with the HK pre amp and see how it is. Maybe I'll then try out the HK system.

Jun 15, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #30 of 63
Quote:

Does anybody have an idea of how much money this usually goes for?

Not a clue, it doesn't seem to have much of a presence online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back