What is the sound quality of iPhone, iPad, iPod (Touch)?
Jun 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #271 of 865
production difference? one has suffered more over the years? one has a component that would need changing? one was made in europe and doesn't have the same loudness? placebo? 42? black is the color of hifi?

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #274 of 865
Might be slight volume difference despite same setting

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #275 of 865
I use portable music devices whenever, wherever. In the library, garden, public transport or plugged into my stereo system. Why should one have a home system and a portable system?

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #276 of 865
I use portable music devices whenever, wherever. In the library, garden, public transport or plugged into my stereo system. Why should one have a home system and a portable system?

Having a home system is nice... if you happen to be at home sometimes. Which is not my case :wink:

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #277 of 865
Well I do have a CD player, turntable and notebook with 2tb external hdd with behringer USB sound card, though playing something from the portable via aux is so much quicker and easier. Sq differences? I don't hear any.

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #278 of 865
Hello at all
Let me ask you one info
Now i using ipad o s7 edge whit dragonfly red  for drive one hd600 senneihser
the quest is , if i buy one ipod touch 6th and use whit DFR and Hd600 improve the sound ?
i use Tidal for streaming audio in hifi quality

thx

Jun 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #279 of 865
I'm looking to smooth the top end of the iPhone. Do Dragonfly Red owners think this is the effect of the Dragonfly?

Jun 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #280 of 865
I'm looking to smooth the top end of the iPhone. Do Dragonfly Red owners think this is the effect of the Dragonfly?

I can do some specific listening with Red/without (paying attention to top end) if you want. Any specific songs or genres to try out?

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #281 of 865
I can do some specific listening with Red/without (paying attention to top end) if you want. Any specific songs or genres to try out?

That would have been really helpful and much appreciated.
I've just ordered one from Amazon though. On the basis that I can return it if it doesn't do what I hope.
I've ordered the HRT iDSP as well.
I would still be very interested to know what you reckon but after I've had a listen. I'll be struggling to get past placebo and expectation bias as it is!
A track I use to evaluate stuff is Saving Grace by Tom Petty from the album Highway Companion.
A damn fine album IMHO.
There are handclaps on there and I always think that they are difficult to reproduce.
Anyway. I'll shoot you a PM when I'm Dragonflied up if that's OK? :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #284 of 865
Word of advice -- be sure to keep it hooked up/let it play for about a day or two before you really form opinions. IMO it sounds very nice out of the box, but it truly settles in and catches it's groove after a few days. When I got mine I just let it play overnight and while I was at work.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #285 of 865
Word of advice -- be sure to keep it hooked up/let it play for about a day or two before you really form opinions. IMO it sounds very nice out of the box, but it truly settles in and catches it's groove after a few days. When I got mine I just let it play overnight and while I was at work.

Personally I am very sceptical about burn in of electronics. (Let's not go there!) Thanks for the advice though and if I don't rate it "straight out of the box" I'll give burn in a whirl before giving up. After all, it doesn't cost anything! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back