What Is The Purpose Of Changing Username (Head-Fi Handle)?
Mar 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
I know it's been done for years but in the last year I am noticing this movement growing.  I know if there have been privacy issues etc. that users request it, but at this clip there has to be another reason for lots of folks jumping on the bandwagon.  They also want to keep the "formerly known as" title...
eek.gif

So definitely no privacy issues there...

Other than confusing the members that have been here a while, what exactly is the purpose?

Cheers!!!

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 8
I agree with the post above.  Also, members tend to be members of several forums, so maybe they want to have the same user name on all of the forums so other members know it's the same person on all of them.

May 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
I agree with the post above.  Also, members tend to be members of several forums, so maybe they want to have the same user name on all of the forums so other members know it's the same person on all of them.

Yep.

On all other services my username has no spaces, but when I signed up for head-fi on my phone instead of my computer it must of automatically added spaces.

I sent a request to have the spaces removed from my username about 2 days ago so now I just have to wait and see. 
smile.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I know it's been done for years but in the last year I am noticing this movement growing.  I know if there have been privacy issues etc. that users request it, but at this clip there has to be another reason for lots of folks jumping on the bandwagon.  They also want to keep the "formerly known as" title...
eek.gif

So definitely no privacy issues there...

Other than confusing the members that have been here a while, what exactly is the purpose?

Cheers!!!

Maybe because when you join you think the heat are really cool but then like the rest of America you become enamoured with Steph Curry and decide to switch to WarriorsFan12?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back