What is the headphone that you will keep forever and never sell?
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #48 of 76
The OG Hifiman are impossible to replace so no way I am letting go of them. They are all modded and rebuilt with different headbands so build is not an issue. Until they die!

Most new or newer headphones don't got my interest at all with the exception of the Susvara. Many fail at basic things like midrange or generally have timbre and tonality issues. A JAR600 on a tube amp finishes off most so-called TOTL headphones. You can keep your subbass superiority.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #49 of 76
The OG Hifiman are impossible to replace so no way I am letting go of them. They are all modded and rebuilt with different headbands so build is not an issue. Until they die!

Most new or newer headphones don't got my interest at all with the exception of the Susvara. Many fail at basic things like midrange or generally have timbre and tonality issues. A JAR600 on a tube amp finishes off most so-called TOTL headphones. You can keep your subbass superiority.
The HE500 and HE6 you got are headphones i am really interested in. Too bad, that these aint built anymore. Maybe one day i will get the chance to listen to such treasures.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #51 of 76
The HE500 and HE6 you got are headphones i am really interested in. Too bad, that these aint built anymore. Maybe one day i will get the chance to listen to such treasures.

The 6SE could be a nice option as well. The v1 was pretty nice with non-stock pads, did a lot of things right. Plenty of good pad alternatives on Ali in existence by now. No need for sealion or mongolian beaver leather. Sometimes a used HE-500 comes around, just don't hesitate if it does. Both can coexist. 6SE will never replicate HE-500's dreamy midrange and midbass character. Just have good power in mind for both. Could be worth to just go for a dedicated build for these.

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #52 of 76
my biggest regret is selling my LCD-X, i see myself buying updated one, mine was 2019 i guess. Also, if i had VC i’d never sell it but it’s another regret i didn’t buy it. Wish i lived in US. Don’t want to pay double for it…

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #53 of 76
What is the set of headphones that i'll keep and never sell?

Ummmmm.

Hummmmm.

My next set?

(Im guessing).

So, for me, the better question, that i can answer with certainty is .....= which would i buy again, as that is what i usually do when i find a "keeper".

Some of you will understand that,.......perfectly.

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #58 of 76
What is the headphone that you will keep forever and never sell? I'm sure there are many people here who sell headphones that they don't like, or are bored with. So where are the headphones you already own that will never be sold?
Every pair of them!
Precisely because I don't have many and I tend to use things until they're broken and only then replace them.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #59 of 76
HIFIMAN HE6, but also love my Susvara and HE500. Just bought Susvara for the 2. Time.. It hits some spots really well but the HE6 is more dynamic with a similar tuning.

IMG_2279.jpegIMG_4607.jpeg
Actually bought the Susvara to have as a frontier when trying HE6 on different speaker amps. After Fostex T50rp of course. (Have blown HE6/2xHE6sev1 3 total 😬

Edit, 2 of them was just to see how much clean bass was possible to get from them (HE6se). As I was missing the REAL slam OG HE6 has

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back