what is the difference between 32 ohm and 64 ohm??
Feb 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 33
not really much, other than the fact that 32 ohm easily connects to portable devices with ease. 64ohm might need a slight slight bit more juice.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really much, other than the fact that 32 ohm easily connects to portable devices with ease. 64ohm might need a slight slight bit more juice.

Unless that 64 ohm is a K701/2...then only a full sized SS amp will do!

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD570 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the difference between 32 ohm and 64 ohm??
i have 64 ohm headphone///

The difference is 32 Ohms.

It makes no practical difference at all - the sensitivity would make a lot more difference here.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless that 64 ohm is a K701/2...then only a full sized SS amp will do!

No, a tube amp with low output impedance works fine, too.

Headphone impedance is only important in the context of your amp's output impedance.

There's a lot thrown around about how easy/difficult a particular impedance is to drive. However, you can drive any impedance well or badly. It all depends on the amp you use.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, a tube amp with low output impedance works fine, too.

Headphone impedance is only important in the context of your amp's output impedance.

There's a lot thrown around about how easy/difficult a particular impedance is to drive. However, you can drive any impedance well or badly. It all depends on the amp you use.

I agree that a tube amp with low output impedance will do an amicable job, just in my experiences, I preferred the SS with the K701/2s. About the only headphones that I've ever preferred with SS over tubes BTW.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD570 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have dj1 ultrasone ....
its good or bad thew 64 ohm??

External sound card, or DAC will improve the sound quality, and will give you a little more power to drive them.

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
External sound card, or DAC will improve the sound quality, and will give you a little more power to drive them.

so do u have an external soundcard to offer me , but i need one that gives virtual 7.1 too..

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 33
Why would you need Virtual 7.1? If it's for gaming, a good DAC beats it for realism, but something like X-Fi CMSS-3D has better positional audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back