what is the difference between 32 ohm and 64 ohm??
Feb 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 33
so WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD GET TO USE THE MOST OF MY 64 OHM HEADPHONE+ GAMING EXPERIENCE.. (IF U SAY THAT THERE IS SOMETHING BETTER THAN 7. SERROUND EXTERNAL CARD) tell me what.. AND I HOPE U DONT THINK ABOUT 100$+ EXTERNAL CARDS..

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #18 of 33
Using CAPS won't yield any extra good responses, nor attention, just letting ya know. $100 is NOTHING in the audio world, so if you are worried about spending over $100, you have come to the wrong forum :p If you really want to have a better gaming experience, get something like the ATH-AD700 and a decent DAC/AMP. Also, you need to help us more. What games do you play? Do you just use the headphones on the computer, or do you use consoles too? Do you play competitvely online? (I am talking about amateur/professional league).
Edited to sound better
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you do not need anything better than iPod earphones
smily_headphones1.gif
You are obviously a noob to audio and the internet. All noobs use CAPS ALL THE TIME. It's very annoying and newbish. $100 is NOTHING in the audio world, so if you are worried about spending over $100, you have come to the wrong forum. If you really want to have a better gaming experience, get something like the ATH-AD700 and a decent DAC/AMP. It is not SERROUND, it is surround. Also, you need to help us more. What gamesdo you play? Do you just use the headphones on the computer, or do you use consoles too? Do you play competitvely online (you use caps, so I presume no).

What i used caps because i had a problem and i didnt have the time to fix it..
i know my english is not good but all of it doesnt metter , i ask questions and if u want u can answer, thats it! yes im a noob o audio ,but every professional started like me..
yes i play competitvely online and every good game that exist , most of my games are shooting games, so i need to know where is my enemy, im playing xbox and ps3 too.. i allready have ULRTASONE dj1 so ijust need to buy an external soundcard or DAC dor whatever it is.. my question is what do u offer me (and not too expansive).

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #20 of 33
give us a price range...you'll need a DAC with multiple inputs if you plan on hooking it up to your xbox, ps3, and computer

Feb 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, a tube amp with low output impedance works fine, too.

Headphone impedance is only important in the context of your amp's output impedance.

There's a lot thrown around about how easy/difficult a particular impedance is to drive. However, you can drive any impedance well or badly. It all depends on the amp you use.

You're correct, the impedance vs. frequency ratio of K701 is pretty flat it only raises gradually to 100ohms in the high end.

graphCompare.php

The best output setting for K701 should be 64 to 120 ohms.

imo people drive K701 with high gain and it causes that annoying and bright highs that everyone complains about. and those who drive it at 64 complain of boring sound because the high end does not get its juice.

To OP: you might have a 32ohms headphone but that does not mean much because in other frequency ranges it could go a lot higher...

Feb 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're correct, the impedance vs. frequency ratio of K701 is pretty flat it only raises gradually to 100ohms in the high end.

graphCompare.php

imo people drive K701 with high gain and it causes that annoying and bright highs that everyone complains about. and those who drive it at 64 complain of boring sound because the high end does not get its juice.

To OP: you might have a 32ohms headphone but that does not mean much because in other frequency ranges it could go a lot higher...

I HAVE 64 OHM..

Feb 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some words not worth repeating.

Your reply is unnecessarily harsh and, in my opinion, completely out of line. You make insult after insult and only give advice in a denigrating manner. Do you really think LORD570 will respect you in the future if you continue to make posts this harsh? Didn't you sleep well? No need to abreact it so gruffly here.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The difference is 32 Ohms.

It makes no practical difference at all - the sensitivity would make a lot more difference here.

Without some numerical examples, or comparisons from experience of the varying sensitivities of different headphones with the same "ohm" rating, this thread is going nowhere and the OP would perhaps be better off in a gaming forum.

But if the OP is not willing to spend $100 on an external sound card/DAC, then Stang is right; this thread is going nowhere and the OP would perhaps be better off in a gaming forum.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #27 of 33
I would really like to see these impedance figures somehow cross-referenced with the efficiency specifications for a few similar-impedance headphones. I don't know if it is possible or practical, but I think that would help many people in many forums here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif

graphCompare.php

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #29 of 33
Bengt77. I was very soft on my response. If you want to see a harsh response, go play Quake 3, Urban Terror, COD4 online etc. I was giving him some advice in a way that I am used to when playing online games. I get abused and abused on them and am still not used to it, so I canot just give him advice that is 1000 words, I have to express it clearly and quickly. I apoligise if I came on too strongly. Anyway, a better set of headphones will yield much larger results that a DAC/amp. Some good DAC/AMPs are Musiland and the Nuforce uDAC. Both around $100. BTW Bengt77, I would appreciate it if you would take into account there are people in different time zones and countries that you live in. I just woke up about 40 minutes ago...

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD570 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes i play competitvely online and every good game that exist , most of my games are shooting games, so i need to know where is my enemy, im playing xbox and ps3 too.. i allready have ULRTASONE dj1 so ijust need to buy an external soundcard or DAC dor whatever it is.. my question is what do u offer me (and not too expansive).

You can try the NI Kontrol 1 on ebay around $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back