What is the cheapest config you can live with if you had to sell everything else?
Mar 14, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #31 of 43
BLON-3 IEM’s (38$ CAN)
Astell & Kern Kann Max (1600$ CAN)

Honestly this is as low as I can go. If you make me go lower I’ll go mental. 😂

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #33 of 43
Yincrow X6 and a 5ft extension cable to onboard sound is the bare minimum. I also keep a $1.99 pair of Aliexpress bluetooth ear buds (have to pick the $1.99 price from the phone app) which sound shockingly good for the price, but stock tips are too small and needed to upgrade those. To be fair I buy and sell audio gear, so I always have something good to use. I did sell out one time and keep the Yincrow X6 for emergencies, and also for testing amps. Blowing a sacrificial $10 pair isn't too bad, in case the amplifier is a dud.

Jul 29, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #34 of 43
IMG_0890.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #37 of 43
Hidizs DH80S and Moondrop Starfield, if I absolutely had to. Wouldn't be happy about it, but it's livable.

If I were going down to something I'd be happy with, the Topping G5 and Campfire Audio Vega 2020 for isolation (I like the sound of the Bravado MK2 better but it's less comfortable long-term) and the Koss ESP/950 for open back.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #38 of 43
cheap* earbuds outta anything

*this is somewhat weird since the vintage earbuds I listen to that used to be cheapish are now ridiculously expensive but if it came to it I'd just pick up something current

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #40 of 43
In my signature, "podcasts" line 😉
If only musical use, the Dap of the line "big sound". 👍

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #41 of 43
Assuming I could sell my stash for full market value:

The earphones that came with my last Xperia - the MH750 - out of anything with a headphone jack
Airpod Pros out of whatever Apple devices I'm keeping

If push comes to shove, I really won't miss anything else.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #42 of 43
Best case scenario:Still having an actual place to live,even if it's renting a spare bedroom from someone,would be:3 year old Acer "Chromebook" > Audiolab "M-One"integrated amplifier/DAC/Headphone >small set of bookshelf speakers from Dali or older Dynaudio's & HFM Sundara cans....
Worse case scenario:Totally down & living in my truck:Motorola smart phone > HFM "Deva Pro"B/T cans...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back