What is the best single DD IEM available today?
Jan 24, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 87
7hs Salnotes Zero:2 or with larger soundstage, lower bass distortion, and more comfortable the Truthear Zero Red. Those are the value for money. I have the Simgot EA500 and really looking forward to the new version, but they're on backorder currently.

Jan 24, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 87
The best I've tried were the DUNU LUNA and Final A8000. They have resolution approaching multi driver types but are pricey.

For good value, something like the DUNU Falcon Ultra is smooth with good timbre. EA1000 isn't technically a single DD as there is a PR inside, but it has better resolution than the Falcon Ultra, though is a bit hotter in the treble/upper mids.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #20 of 87
If I'm gonna get a single DD IEM, I just want it to what it's best intended to do: that 18" subs to my eardrums and have that understanding that it won't be able to compete with hybrids out there in terms of resolution, speed, attack and decay.
Campfire Vega2020 has really nice sub bass (mids and treble sounds nice too...)

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 87
Campfire Vega2020 has really nice sub bass (mids and treble sounds nice too...)
Campfire does it nice. I tried the Dorado once and it was also very good.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #23 of 87
The best I've tried were the DUNU LUNA and Final A8000. They have resolution approaching multi driver types but are pricey.

For good value, something like the DUNU Falcon Ultra is smooth with good timbre. EA1000 isn't technically a single DD as there is a PR inside, but it has better resolution than the Falcon Ultra, though is a bit hotter in the treble/upper mids.

I will be putting up my A8000 for sale. Excellent condition, no scratches. They are amazing for a single DD and these are becoming pretty burned in and the sound just gets better. This is all to finance acquiring the Vision Ears VE 10 or the Fir RN6, otherwise I would keep them in my collection. The transparency of these is amazing. The bass is way more impressive than I thought before I got them.

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #24 of 87
I will be putting up my A8000 for sale. Excellent condition, no scratches. They are amazing for a single DD and these are becoming pretty burned in and the sound just gets better. This is all to finance acquiring the Vision Ears VE 10 or the Fir RN6, otherwise I would keep them in my collection. The transparency of these is amazing. The bass is way more impressive than I thought before I got them.

Hope they find a good 2nd owner!

The never ending audio rabbithole beckons!

Jan 26, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #25 of 87
I remember folks the few who have hard it say the shozy black hole was pretty special $800 at it's release

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #26 of 87
Man the buzz is real for the EM500LM. I'm seeing a 2 week lag on Amazon and at $90 I may have to pull the trigger. Are the highs too much on it? Not a fan of IEMs that are too much in the treble.
The highs are perfect to,my ears, and I love detailed highs, they sparkle and are warm.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #30 of 87
Another vote for the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero 2.
I suspect many in the Headfi community would simply assume that at an asking price of £25 it can’t possibly be a serious hi-end product. That would be a serious mistake. I‘d say it’s quite simply the best value product currently available bar none - and one of the best sounding IEMs I’ve tried (and I’ve tried quite a few including some with four figure price tags). It simply puts most other products to shame. I find the shape and shallow fit made getting the seal more difficult than usual (tip - try a bigger ear tip than you’d typically use) and the soundstage is below the best, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes.
IMG_5865.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back