What is the best Led Zeppelin album?
Oct 29, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 39
Interesting, I would would have expected IV and Physical Graffiti to be leading the way. Presence has always been grossly underrated in my opinion. Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault But Mine, and Tea For One are some of Zep's finest works. In fact, I think I remember both Page and Plant declaring Presence as their favorite Zeppelin album (or something along the lines of it being the album that best defined the band).

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #19 of 39
I'm really surprised that I is winning. I would not have thought that. Interesting. For me it's Physical Graffiti by a wide margin though,

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really surprised that I is winning. I would not have thought that. Interesting. For me it's Physical Graffiti by a wide margin though,

I & Graffiti are my two favorites.

I think the thing about I is that it's probably the heaviest, and definitely the bluesiest. It's their most raw and has their least "formal compositions" but its a really intriguing listen.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the thing about I is that it's probably the heaviest, and definitely the bluesiest. It's their most raw and has their least "formal compositions" but its a really intriguing listen.

Yeah, Led Zeppelin I's showing doesn't surprise me so much because the songs on it are kinda classic-rock staples. To me, however, ZOSO is the one where they started making their own blues, which is why I dig it more.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #24 of 39
I burned out on IV/Zoso when I was a kid, but even still, it's down the list for me. Tough call between Graffiti and I, but I chose Graffiti. I also LOVE Presence, which comes in a close 3rd. My ranking:

1. Graffiti
2. LZ I
3. Presence
4. Houses
5. LZ II
6. IV/Zoso
7. In/Out Door
8. LZ III

But they are ALL good!

Oct 30, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #25 of 39
Any one that's not playing.

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they are ALL good!

Good point. I don't think it gets recognized enough that they probably have the most consistent, clunker-less run in rock history. Doesn't get recognized enough by me anyway.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #29 of 39
Little revival here.

I'm surprised that no-one has spoke up in defense of 'Houses' even though it received 8 votes.

It's my favorite followed closely by Physical Graffiti, Presence, and IV, and III, and II, and I, and In Through The Out Door, and well CODA I guess too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back