What is the best Led Zeppelin album?
Nov 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #31 of 39
I know The Song Remains The Same is a movie soundtrack. It is not the best capture of the band live as they said they were tired when it was recorded in two nights at Madison Squire Gardens in New York. Many people who love Zep have lots of live bootlegs so it gets underrated. Even with all that, The Song Remains The Same gets my vote for number 3. This is especially true now due to the added songs and SQ. I guess you had to be around the day it came out to feel the excitement. The theaters were never more like rock concerts than that day!
songthesame.jpg

Physical Graffiti is very high on the list and that is a big surprise.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voted PG because of Ten Years Gone my favorite Zep song.

I've listened to Ten Years Gone like 7 times in the last 2 days. Kinda because Physical Graffiti disc 2 has been stuck in my truck's CD player and it's definitely my favorite song on that half of the album. It ranks high up there as one of my favorite Zep songs, too.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #34 of 39
Great tune, No Quarter - one of my faves.

I think that Achilles Last Stand may be the finest song ever written. Not just by Led Zeppelin - but by anyone.

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatchFire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IV. That album is really a masterpiece. (And 'When the Levee Breaks' is my fav zep song...)

great minds think alike!

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #36 of 39
I voted "Houses". It has the best blend of tracks for me. However, they're all of a very high standard.

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #38 of 39
Voted for Physical Graffiti, but i'm actually torn between that and II.

These days, How The West Was Won gets the most plays out of all my Led Zep cd's. The extended 25+ minute version of "Dazed and Confused" on that one, total win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back