What is the best in-earphones for aria and opera?
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

obelice

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Sofar, I have tried Bowers and Wilkins C5, Sennheiser CX300, Sennheiser IE6, Bose QC3 and Bose QC20. My favourite Sennheiser IE6 is dying... Hence, I am currently in the market for a great pair of IE.

My genres are mainly aria, opera, vocal jazz and folk (predominantly guitar, violins, drums and tambourines). My preference is clear and natural vocal  (without a serious distortion at 1kHz and above, and no harsh sopranos) accompanied with pure and extensive details of the other musical instruments from bass, cello, even triangle (no harsh or sharp sounds though). I prefer warm and clear to too-crisp sound. I travel often, a high degree of sound isolation would be my preference. My mp3 players are Cowon X5 and A3 with extendend equalizers, so I can improve the sound-stage effect to a degree, but it would be great if the IE can add more to that.

I have read reviews and discussions on Sennheiser IE80 and Shure SE425 for pop and hard rock music only, would one of them also suitable for what I am looking for; or would you suggest something else?

Looking forward to receiving your suggestions.

Sheila

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 7
Finally managed to get hold of a pair of GR07. I still have many hours to burn in. But I have to say, it is a very good pair. Thanks for tip. Keep you posted.

Sheila

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 7
Finally managed to get hold of a pair of GR07. I still have many hours to burn in. But I have to say, it is a very good pair. Thanks for tip. Keep you posted.

Sheila
campfire Lyra 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back