What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears?
Sep 8, 2010 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

OllyNewport

New Head-Fier
I'm convinced that they're the worst headphones next to Skullcandy, yet loads of people still offer their money to stores selling them. This morning on Twitter I was asked 'Should I buy the Lady Gaga heartbeats'.

Sarcastically, I replied, 'There is no justifiable reason (for the price) to buy Heartbeats other than 'they look pwetty'.' Her reply being 'they ARE pretty.'. This assumption goes without much basis, but are all Dre headphone wearers just former Skullcandy wearers who're looking for something equally as unbalanced and expensive?

Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption, but are Dre headphones and in-ears all that great?

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 25
Women place form over function. Just look at their shoes.  Anyway, they don't like good music, so its irrelevent whether they have good iems or not*

Dre headphones?  This picture should tell you all you need to know.

*please press your humour recognition button now.

Sep 8, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 25
Rofl Dr Dre's like What is this white boy doing on mah segway leaning on mah shouders?

Dr Dre also reminds me of George from Seinfeld when he drapes himself in velvet.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #9 of 25

Quote:
I wonder if this so called 'Dr.' Dre has a PhD in medican? 

ummm... what dya think? 
biggrin.gif
 (hint: look at his clothes)
and by the way, the man on the segway is Noel Lee, Monster CEO and founder. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 25
the studio version isn't bad, i listened to my friend's and it was fun. i dont like is what they claim on the box, says to let you hear the music the way it should be heard in recording studio, now that's a lie. sound frequences are boosted at few places(so is m50), and it's not worth $300. beside all those negative facts, studio version is nicely build, good looking, and the design is thoughtful.

monster cable products(over priced) + fee pay to Dr.dre + fee pay to stars to wear monster cable product = over over over price

(over over over price / 3) = ($300 / 3) = $100

dr.dre beats studio is worth $100 and it's over priced.

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 25
You've summed up my irritation. People buying into these products because they believe them to be 'top quality' & 'high end' earbuds, when in reality (in the similar vein that Apple computers and Sony products are more expensive because of the brand) people are getting what would be £50 earphones for £169. I looked at some of the frequency charts and it's quite prominent how much bass is added to the EQ.

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #13 of 25
Nice. I saw someone with Gaga Heartbeats today and malfunctioned.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
You've summed up my irritation. People buying into these products because they believe them to be 'top quality' & 'high end' earbuds, when in reality (in the similar vein that Apple computers and Sony products are more expensive because of the brand) people are getting what would be £50 earphones for £169. I looked at some of the frequency charts and it's quite prominent how much bass is added to the EQ.

Tell us something we DONT know.  This is true with any main stream popular product.  Nike, BMWs, Coach purses, Gucci, Oakley.........you name it.  If its a big name, its hyped up and probably over priced. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back