Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So post-Stax = unhappiness?

Can't tell, I'm In-Stax, not Post-Stax yet
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #78 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
!= is 'not equal'

I thought a / superimposed over a = meant "not equal".

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #79 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought a / superimposed over a = meant "not equal".

It does, but there's no easy key to hit for that on my keyboard. Programmers, I believe, started using !=. I've also seen people use =/=, but that's quite clunky, to me.

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #80 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does, but there's no easy key to hit for that on my keyboard. Programmers, I believe, started using !=. I've also seen people use =/=, but that's quite clunky, to me.

Yeah, != and /= refer to the same, it's just another syntax
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #81 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me put it in the words of VNV Nation:

That is really beautiful

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #82 of 117
Happiness is fleeting and wholly unpredictable so enjoy it to it fullest when it does present itself.

Gatto the most intelligent and sensitive among us I believe, find joy in the simplest of things. My Grandmother told me that 40 years ago and I never ever forgot it. I also find joy in the simplest of things, the complexity of a beautiful flower, the ever changing weather patterns over a large body of water while you observe from the shore, the amazing co-operation of an ant colony building it's home in the sand. The delicate flight of a dragon fly, the amazing acrobatics of humming birds and bats on the wing............so many things
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #84 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is really beautiful

One of VNV's best songs. On their Reformation box set they have alive version of that song - I think it was recorded at a show in either Brooklyn or Germany. Anyways, fantastic song when I'm feeling like life's raking me over the coals.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #85 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia was banned? That's not happy.

How did this happen?

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #86 of 117
your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life............................this i found once in a fortune cookie

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #88 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life............................this i found once in a fortune cookie

It is also tightly intertwined with regularity of ones various biologic function
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #89 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia was banned? That's not happy.

I'm sure the mods were merely preparing us for the happy occasion of the "welcome back Kirosia party".

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #90 of 117
I was quite surprised by that too. What happened when I was gone? It couldn't possibly be the stuffed toys with condoms or the pictures of him and his niece could it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back