What is Happiness?
Jul 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #106 of 117
Maybe Kirosia is Chuck Norris, and just kicked Jude's a** into letting him back on.

Oblueyez actually got banned!!!??

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #107 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Kirosia is Chuck Norris, and just kicked Jude's a** into letting him back on.

Actually, when I showed up at Jude's with my karate kid headband on, he just sorta laughed and shut the door.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #108 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is Head-Fi's policy not to discuss the reasons for bans so the fact that you don't know the reason(s) should not be disturbing.

I understand the policy. Seeing members banned who have been part of this community for several years is going to be disturbing -- whether or not one knows the reasons.

Quote:

You either trust the people doing the job or you don't, your choice.

Right. You either trust the police or you don't. You either trust the government or you don't. You either trust the military or you don't. You can't paint something in black and white that is really shades of grey.

I trust the forum administrators and moderators...in general. But that doesn't mean that I think that the mods and admins have infallible judgment. If people were to start vanishing off the forum for no apparent reason then that will serve to undermine the trust that the membership implicitly places in the folks who run this place.

Hopefully I won't be banned because I disagree with you. See what I mean? Last week I would have never even considered that to be a remote possibility.

--Jerome

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #109 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully I won't be banned because I disagree with you. See what I mean? Last week I would have never even considered that to be a remote possibility.

--Jerome

Certainly not a bannable offense. I personally enjoy disagreeing with Nate on a regular basis just for fun
icon10.gif

Oh wait, in the theme of this thread: Happiness is being able to have disagreements with friends, and trusting the relationships enough to know that it's okay to do from time to time.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #111 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happy.

And I'm not on Head-fi as much, and GAS for cans is at an all time low.

I SWEAR it's not related!

You forgot to mention you have an HP-2 as well. I'm sure that's not related either.

Good to see a post from you that isn't from a dusty old thread
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #112 of 117
Happiness is being content and satisfied with what you have. WAIT!!!
I want those Omegas, that Blue Hawaii!!
Are head-fi and happiness mutually exclusive??
atsmile.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #113 of 117
My impression is happiness comes from within and is different for different people.

I used to blame my work for my unhappiness, but no matter where I worked or what the job was I always ended up not being happy or satisfied.

I've battled depression for over 20 years. The drugs help and I'll get a glimpse of happy on occasion, but it never lasts for very long.

Not sure what it's going to take for me to get there. Maybe I'll figure it out one day
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #114 of 117
Happiness is to be free of worry. It's as simple as that.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #116 of 117
Happiness is waking up in the morning and seeing this cute face staring at me, waiting for me to wake up. She then crawls over to me, and leans up against me while she grabs at the clock, tissue box, or some other random object to play/make a mess with.

Apple_Baby_3.jpg

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #117 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happiness is waking up in the morning and seeing this cute face staring at me, waiting for me to wake up. She then crawls over to me, and leans up against me while she grabs at the clock, tissue box, or some other random object to play/make a mess with.

Apple_Baby_3.jpg

Yep. My youngest just turned one, and watching him and his brother with their grandparents in the UK, with all of the new and marvellous things and places, is pretty happiness-making. Aristotle rated friendship up there in his index of the goods as well, and I'd say he was right.

Funnily, for all the time I used to devote to it, buying and selling hifi gear doesn't seem to do it for me anymore.

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back