What is going on over at Ultimate Ears???
Jul 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #123 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want them to stay in the office telling them they're out of the office?

For what it's worth, I know they worked through last Wednesday because my last communication with them was on Tuesday promising my return would go out that day or the next.

They had a four day weekend, that was it. Make all the excuses you want, because that seems to make you feel good about yourself or something, but they've got some problems with their customer service system that really need to be fixed. The posts in this thread are going to be every bit as accessible from Google as the ones that praise them. People considering their products should ask themselves if a 25 day turn around in the U.S. is something they consider acceptable.

That aside, the lack of automation in their responses just to let you know they actually got your message and in you're in the queue is a violation of basic professional conduct 101. That's just simple common sense. If customers are left with no response at all from web forms and customer service emails for more than 24 hours, there is a problem.

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #124 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I may chime in on the subject, my customer service experience with Ultimate Ears has been the best out of any CS Ive experienced in my life, period. Not just for headphones, for everything. The longest an email reply ever took was 1 hour, and my calls are answered the first time and dealt with on the spot. Ive never had a problem I could not immediately get an answer to, and its always the answer i want to hear. I cant say enough good things about their CS. It amazes me.

I have to say this mirrors my experience as well. One call - RMA in 20 minutes. UE11's back in 1 week as good as new - no hassles, no problems.....

Jul 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #125 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say this mirrors my experience as well. One call - RMA in 20 minutes. UE11's back in 1 week as good as new - no hassles, no problems.....

The magic words.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #126 of 215
Well the magic words aint so magic after all.

I received my UE-11 10 days ago now & I had a problem with them out of the box (a little piece had come unglued from inside & rattles about freely) so I emailed to ask what the process would be to go about returning them for repair. That was 30 mins after I received them.
5 days ago I emailed the same question again & I've still had no reply.

I'm pretty annoyed to say the least...

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #127 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the magic words aint so magic after all.

I received my UE-11 10 days ago now & I had a problem with them out of the box (a little piece had come unglued from inside & rattles about freely) so I emailed to ask what the process would be to go about returning them for repair. That was 30 mins after I received them.
5 days ago I emailed the same question again & I've still had no reply.

I'm pretty annoyed to say the least...

Have you tried calling the dedicated 800 number for Custom-built customer service? A phone call has always worked better for me than email.

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #128 of 215
/looks over at location
frown.gif

<-----

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #129 of 215
Quote:

/looks over at location
frown.gif

<-----

been there=====>did that..... I believe that the 800 number is international (but I may be wrong). It is certainly worth trying. If it doesn't work - PM me. I live in Southern CA and would be happy to give them a call first thing Tuesday AM on your behalf if you would like.

JL
icon10.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #130 of 215
I've had nothing short of impressive customer service re my UE11s, and most of my emails were non-stop, annoying, can't-make-up-my-mind, rapid-fire, midnight ramblings. All were answered immediately and politely, which is more than I would do if I'd received same.

I got my 11s two weeks ago, and now need to send them back for a slight adjustment with the left monitor. I'm really sad to let them go for even a couple days, but we'll see. I hope the customer service is as good for this new need as it has been throughout my initial ordering. We'll see.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #131 of 215
I've had pretty bad experiances with UE customer service. I got a pair of customs, fit was bad, I had pain in my ear. Sent them back. They were fixed, no more pain, but now they were loose. Got new impressions, sent them in, took over 2 weeks to get them back plus a $50 refit charge, and $50 for impressions, and shipping.
Finally got them back, and they still don't fit right. Just sent them in again...

Worst part, I contacted UE through email in January, never heard back, sent another email in Febuary, never heard back. Sent another one, never heard back.

This last go around the customer service rep was kinda rude to me in the emails. Actually stopped responding till I called. Not been a happy customer. Hopefully they will fit when I get them back.

It really bothers me that some people seem to get amazing customer service while others get horrible service. I've heard stories about people getting 2 sets of customs because they messed on up (amazing). I also asked to exchange my cord length the first time i sent them it to be refitted (under warranty) and they made me pay $30 for another cord. Someone just mentioned in this thread that they did that enchange for him for free. ehhh

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #133 of 215
I've had a mixed experience with UE customer service.

I sent them an email about my SF5pro cables oxidising, so they sent out a replacement cable very quickly.

However, I'm starting to loose sound in the left ear plug, and I just sent them an email. Switched back to the original cables, still happens. Its not frequent, but its annoying. Fingers crossed the issue is resolved quickly.

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #134 of 215
Thanks for the offer. I'm sure the number would be callable for me. I just didn't fancy paying the cost of it. Maybe I'll call from work :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been there=====>did that..... I believe that the 800 number is international (but I may be wrong). It is certainly worth trying. If it doesn't work - PM me. I live in Southern CA and would be happy to give them a call first thing Tuesday AM on your behalf if you would like.

JL
icon10.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #135 of 215
Quote:

Thanks for the offer. I'm sure the number would be callable for me. I just didn't fancy paying the cost of it. Maybe I'll call from work :)

800 numbers are "toll-free" - charges are paid for by the company....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back