What is better than the Sennheiser Momentum for the same price???
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #121 of 150
The momentums have clamping force and small pads. Its a change from uncofortable tosslightly less unconfortable... :-D

By the way, there are tons of MDR 1rs on eBay UK... Too bad they are all black...

Not sure I I have mention it before but the PSB m4U1 is great!

1R... Somewhat the best headphone for portable + reference use! At least, to me.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #122 of 150
The momentums have clamping force and small pads. Its a change from uncofortable tosslightly less unconfortable... :-D

By the way, there are tons of MDR 1rs on eBay UK... Too bad they are all black...

Am I the only one on headfi (or indeed the known universe) who has discovered that the Momentums metal headband can be bent slightly outwards to relieve the pressure making it extremely comfortable?

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #123 of 150
But bending the headband does not make you loose some the isolation?

By the way.... about the rattling noise on the mr 1rs.... Saw some guys saying that sony was now releasing new units of mdr 1r's without the initial flaws.... true or false?

I would give a pair of mdr 1 r's on ebay a chance... I am even willing to let the m50's go to het a pair of the sony's... Smart or dumb move? is the sony one step ahead of the m50's in terms of sq or are they just about the same level (But i really wanted the brown ones's.... ;( )?

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #124 of 150

By the way.... about the rattling noise on the mr 1rs.... Saw some guys saying that sony was now releasing new units of mdr 1r's without the initial flaws.... true or false?

I would give a pair of mdr 1 r's on ebay a chance... I am even willing to let the m50's go to het a pair of the sony's... Smart or dumb move? is the sony one step ahead of the m50's in terms of sq or are they just about the same level (But i really wanted the brown ones's.... ;( )?

Nope. No loss of isolation - but I am fortuitously endowed with small ears, so they're circum-aural for me. 
With bigger ears YMMV

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #125 of 150

I do heard of the same thing for the 1R but I am not sure as I haven't got my hands on the new unit of 1R.

I personally like the 1R better than ATH-M50. More spacious soundstage, instrumental separat on and maybe imaging? Bass does reduced in quantity a little. Mids are however, less recessed than the ATH-M50, in fact, they are warmish sounding. Overall, pretty smooth sounding mids. Indeed the mids are a little bit coloured. I have 0 issue with the highs as well.

Billson :D

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #126 of 150
But in termos of resolution the m50s and the 1r are about the same? Just a different flavour?

The psbs serem to be amazing, i know a guy who hás a pairs and he says that they are slightly better than the senns but not by much... On the other head it the psbs are huge and since i like classy and los profile and since i already fins the m50s to big i am not sure if the bulkiness of the psbs would really suit me...

Ps: i will be keeping an eye on the 1rs on ebay... if i get a good deal i will get myself a pair.... but only if they are real cheap.... :p

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #127 of 150
But in termos of resolution the m50s and the 1r are about the same? Just a different flavour?

The psbs serem to be amazing, i know a guy who hás a pairs and he says that they are slightly better than the senns but not by much... On the other head it the psbs are huge and since i like classy and los profile and since i already fins the m50s to big i am not sure if the bulkiness of the psbs would really suit me...

Ps: i will be keeping an eye on the 1rs on ebay... if i get a good deal i will get myself a pair.... but only if they are real cheap.... :p

Can't recall much about the resolution but I think [I think] to my memory, the 1R is slightly better :)

But compared to Momentum, different story! Momentums are better

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #128 of 150
the momentums's only problem is the confort... they have amazing sound but the confort ends up ruining the experience abit....

I tried to loosen up the pads carefully with my hands without touching the drivers, specially the left one (it feels smaller than the right).... they get a bit larger and confier for a while but they seem to get back to their original form (they get tighter around the ears again, they must be made of some elastic material....)...

I like the m50's sound, but there is something in it that just seem odd to me.... also the pads are just toooooooo big, so thats why i am thinking of replacing them with  pair of used hd25 or some ebay mdr 1rs.... :)

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #129 of 150
  the momentums's only problem is the confort... they have amazing sound but the confort ends up ruining the experience abit....

I tried to loosen up the pads carefully with my hands without touching the drivers, specially the left one (it feels smaller than the right).... they get a bit larger and confier for a while but they seem to get back to their original form (they get tighter around the ears again, they must be made of some elastic material....)...

I like the m50's sound, but there is something in it that just seem odd to me.... also the pads are just toooooooo big, so thats why i am thinking of replacing them with  pair of used hd25 or some ebay mdr 1rs.... :)

If Momentum is too big, 1R is not for you! It''s bigger in size. How about the ATH-WS99?

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #132 of 150
My advise Pedro:
Give Momentum some vacations. Grab a pair of PSB M4U1 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #134 of 150
Guys i think i am going to order the amperiors to at least try them out. They are at 160 euros on the french amazon right now. If i dont like them illill just return them. At 160 euros they are worth a shot right? Right now they cost less than the original HD 25s...

Meanwhile... My momentums are now for sale on the for sale/trade forum. If anyone from europe is interested PM me. :)

Cheers...

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #135 of 150
Guys i think i am going to order the amperiors to at least try them out. They are at 160 euros on the french amazon right now. If i dont like them illill just return them. At 160 euros they are worth a shot right? Right now they cost less than the original HD 25s...

Meanwhile... My momentums are now for sale on the for sale/trade forum. If anyone from europe is interested PM me. :)

Cheers...

Yep! The reason why the Amperior's price drop is because it is now replaced by the HD25 Aluminium and the Amperior's production has come to an end if I am not mistaken

Do report back on what you think about the Amperior!

Happy Listening :D & Happy Weekend as well :)
Billson 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back