What is better than the Sennheiser Momentum for the same price???
Oct 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #136 of 150
Guys i think i am going to order the amperiors to at least try them out. They are at 160 euros on the french amazon right now. If i dont like them illill just return them. At 160 euros they are worth a shot right? Right now they cost less than the original HD 25s...

Meanwhile... My momentums are now for sale on the for sale/trade forum. If anyone from europe is interested PM me. :)

Cheers...

If you have no luck with the Amperiors then you may want to check out the Audio Technica ATH-ES10. IMO the best portable headphones available.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #137 of 150
Too expensive G.... XD at least to my wallet. With the money of the es10's i can buy the momentums and the amperiors and it still would be cheaper.... XD
I know billson. The hd25's and the amperiors are not that different in sound right? they have differences of course, but overall it is the same sound basis right?

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #138 of 150
  Too expensive G.... XD at least to my wallet. With the money of the es10's i can buy the momentums and the amperiors and it still would be cheaper.... XD
I know billson. The hd25's and the amperiors are not that different in sound right? they have differences of course, but overall it is the same sound basis right?

Import - you can get them around the price of the Momentum's. If you can stretch for it you'd then get the sound of full-sized HP's on the go. 
wink.gif

Good luck with the Amperior's though. They're very good HP's at that price.

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #139 of 150

The Aluminium is just released so haven't got the opportunity to get my hands on it...

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #140 of 150
I mean in comparison with the hd25 1 billson. :)
You tried the amperiors and the hd25s?

Ive bee listining to a lot of Biffy Clyro and next it would be mechanical bull by the amazing kings of Leon. These two will Sound good on the amperiors right? :p

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #141 of 150
I mean in comparison with the hd25 1 billson. :)
You tried the amperiors and the hd25s?

Ive bee listining to a lot of Biffy Clyro and next it would be mechanical bull by the amazing kings of Leon. These two will Sound good on the amperiors right? :p

All Amperior sound great with EDM, rocks (including the sub-genres), pop. Not sure about the HD25 I thought

Just keep in mind that as long as you love it, keep it! Don't listen to other's sword! Even when they say a Y headphone is better than Amperior, if you have no complaint about it, just keep it :) this place is too dangerous if you don't take good care of your wallet :wink:

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #142 of 150
Actually i would love to keep both the amperiors and the momentums. Although not the most easy fit and conforto the momentums sound amazing. I am also selling my m50s for 80 euros on monday. The amperior and the momentums seem to complement each other well and since i probably will have the chance to have both side by side i will be able to decide if i keep onde, both or in the worst case scenario i will return the amperiors and sell the momentums... But this last case will only happen in case of maximum frustration...

Still i have a pretty good chance rigt nos of ending up with 2 amazing all rounder headphones. A year ago it was impossible to get these two for less than 600 euros and today i have the chance of having both for 300 since i bought my momentums for 160 here in Portugal and since i am able to buy the amperions for 160 nos as well...

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #144 of 150
Actually i would love to keep both the amperiors and the momentums. Although not the most easy fit and conforto the momentums sound amazing. I am also selling my m50s for 80 euros on monday. The amperior and the momentums seem to complement each other well and since i probably will have the chance to have both side by side i will be able to decide if i keep onde, both or in the worst case scenario i will return the amperiors and sell the momentums... But this last case will only happen in case of maximum frustration...

Still i have a pretty good chance rigt nos of ending up with 2 amazing all rounder headphones. A year ago it was impossible to get these two for less than 600 euros and today i have the chance of having both for 300 since i bought my momentums for 160 here in Portugal and since i am able to buy the amperions for 160 nos as well...

Sounds like you got a sweet deal!

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #145 of 150
Actually, probably i am not being very smart. Maybe it would be smartest to choose one of these 2 as an all rounder and invest money of the one that i dont want on something open and strictly for home use like the hd598... but i like the possibility of using a can anywhere i want. With headphones like theamperiors and momentums although you loose gopd things like soundstage the truth is that only the thought of having something versatile and that you can use in any environment is already very satisfying.... But thats my opinion....

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #146 of 150
Amperior seems a little more forward in the mids and tighter in the lows which made the HD 25 sound a bit muddy to my ears. Amperior wins.

That seems really good... :)

Have you compared against the momentum moriez?

There is a review on the amperiors page from a user that bought the a couple of weeka ago andhe says he says that he had rhe chance of trying both the moms and the amps and in comparison the moms Sound a bit muddy while the amperior sound more crystal clear..

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #147 of 150
Considering 3.5mm jack headphones only, are there any headphones better than the momentums sound quality wise(same or lesser price)? I listen to a very wide range of genres, but mostly metal, rap and contemporary. Momentums were really pricey, but I bought 'em.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #148 of 150
Considering 3.5mm jack headphones only, are there any headphones better than the momentums sound quality wise(same or lesser price)? I listen to a very wide range of genres, but mostly metal, rap and contemporary. Momentums were really pricey, but I bought 'em.

Confort issues? :)

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #150 of 150
As a Sennheiser Momentum owner here, and just bought Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii recently,I prefer using it now than the momentum. I like its more aggressive sound and its build quality is superb so you don't need to worry whether you put it inside your bag full of stuff or place it anywhere. Unlike momentum, well I think it's build quality is good as well but you are always worrying that it might get scratches or the earpads might get tear or etc..

In terms of sound, bass of momentum has more impact IMHO but the HD 25-1 ii has better overall sound representation especially its treble that makes music sound livelier and more energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back