What is better than the Sennheiser Momentum for the same price???
Sep 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #46 of 150
I never had problems with seal or comfort troubles with the B&W P5. The isolation is also excellent. It's worth comparing it to your Sennheiser Momentum in a store and see if the sound suits you ... while give you great comfort, isolation and seal.

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #47 of 150
I have the Momentum: at first, they were really uncomfortable, now I don't pay that much attention because I use them at work and music is not a priority. However if we count the number of hours I wear them every week, they are by far the headphones I use the most. Another thing: I don't live in the US and I can't return products that easily like others, so my decisions are always finals. 
The Momentum are not portable, that's a lie if somebody says the opposite. 
Get the M-100, you can get them for 240 like new on amazon. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #49 of 150

You meant the k550 right? And of the 3 you preferred the momentums?

Yeah sorry I meant K550.
Out of the three (and others) I preferred the Momentum. K550 has a bigger soundstage, but the Momentum has better resolution - it's also the most expensive. 
Personally I think they're genre masters, they'll play anything you throw at them very well.

The Momentum are not portable, that's a lie if somebody says the opposite. 

This comes down to perspective rather than absolute truth or falsehood.
The first mobile telephone has the size of a large briefcase - but it was still mobile/portable.
Some people have come to simply classify 'portable' as meaning something that fits into your pocket - personally if it fits into my regular size shoulder bag then for me it's portable because I hate carrying things around in my pockets.

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #50 of 150
  Some people have come to simply classify 'portable' as meaning something that fits into your pocket - personally if it fits into my regular size shoulder bag then for me it's portable because I hate carrying things around in my pockets.

Greq, I think we had the same discussion a few months ago and I have a few questions for you (nichts für ungut): Is it scratched for carrying it without case everyday? How often do you adjust the cups? Granted, if you carry a big backpack and you don't mind the big bulk I would say why not?

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #51 of 150
  Greq, I think we had the same discussion a few months ago and I have a few questions for you (nichts für ungut): Is it scratched for carrying it without case everyday? How often do you adjust the cups? Granted, if you carry a big backpack and you don't mind the big bulk I would say why not?

I've had them since around November last year and they only have one TINY little nick on the edge of the brown plastic surrounding the Sennheiser logo - this happened when I accidentally dropped it onto concrete. 
triportsad.gif

To be honest, I still totally pamper them. I don't even like laying them down on tables, but rather my mouse-mat or a clean book or scrap of paper as it's less likely to scratch than a hard surface.

Normally I don't carry them around in my bag when I'm out and about because I've got them on my head or around my neck. When they're on my neck I adjust the headband to the largest position as that's most comfortable. I've never found it annoying having to readjust the cups every time because it's still much easier to adjust than Grados which I've been using for many years.
But if I do put them in my bag I ALWAYS make sure to stash my keys away in a separate compartment. There's nothing sharp or abrasive in my bag ever, other than my keys.

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #53 of 150
I'm new to good headphones, upon putting on my a900x I noticed they make songs sound more honest. For example, if a youtube upload had poor recording the sound out my headphones will sound awful,is it me or did I just get a bad pair of headphones?

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #54 of 150
  I'm new to good headphones, upon putting on my a900x I noticed they make songs sound more honest. For example, if a youtube upload had poor recording the sound out my headphones will sound awful,is it me or did I just get a bad pair of headphones?

No. Youtube just has bad audio quality. 
You need to put the video on 720p quality because lower resolutions have compressed sound too. 
If it still sounds awful at 720p then the one who made the video didn't think about sound quality when creating the video.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #55 of 150
No. Youtube just has bad audio quality. 
You need to put the video on 720p quality because lower resolutions have compressed sound too. 
If it still sounds awful at 720p then the one who made the video didn't think about sound quality when creating the video.

+1 and it usually happen to brighter headphones! Mine can sound EXTREMLY sibilants with some YouTube songs.. That's why I only use YouTube to test if I like the song or not or when watching comedy xD

Billson :)

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #56 of 150
+1 and it usually happen to brighter headphones! Mine can sound EXTREMLY sibilants with some YouTube songs.. That's why I only use YouTube to test if I like the song or not or when watching comedy xD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I noticed! Hey man, small issue that's driving me absolutely crazy. Do you notice that you have better hearing in one ear than the other? I think my right side does OR most songs favor some vocals on the right cup as you know songs alternate 

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #57 of 150
Yeah I noticed! Hey man, small issue that's driving me absolutely crazy. Do you notice that you have better hearing in one ear than the other? I think my right side does OR most songs favor some vocals on the right cup as you know songs alternate 

Does that happen to all songs? I have never encounter that issue unless with some recordings. Or maybe the headphone right left are not balanced?

Anyway, if it's recording's fault, you should only be able to hear example like left are mostly vocals and the right are instrumental and I hate that kind of setting as to my ears, I am mostly drawn to the vocals

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #58 of 150
Does that happen to all songs? I have never encounter that issue unless with some recordings. Or maybe the headphone right left are not balanced?

Anyway, if it's recording's fault, you should only be able to hear example like left are mostly vocals and the right are instrumental and I hate that kind of setting as to my ears, I am mostly drawn to the vocals

Almost all of m them, except it alternates between sides

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #59 of 150
I always used to think my headphones had a channel imbalance, after owning about 20 different pairs I realised I actually have hearing loss in my left ear lol.... I always notice it more on Sennheisers though... I think it is the way they have the "3 blob soundstage" which makes it a lot more noticeable.... If it really bothers you then just use the balance to make one side a bit louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back