What is better than the Sennheiser Momentum for the same price???
Sep 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #16 of 150
Thank you all very much for your replys... But keep in mind please that i want an all rounder that is suitable not only for home but also to use on the street, the denons and the DT are not options for outside use and even the k550 os just too damn big... I listen pretty much to everything but usually it is 50% rock, pop indie, and the other 50% are edm... Just to give you guys am idea... :)

The AKG K545 is coming out soon! You should maybe wait for awhile since it's a upgraded version from K550 + with smaller earcups these time according to the picture. You can try them at IFA 2013 if it's near your place! AKG have a display unit there :)

The only people that seem to recommend them are people who have not heard other great headphones, I don't hate them; In fact I may be buying them again because they are sexy. It's just sadly their SQ is lacking. I do like the m80 I think they are good headphones and was disappointed that the M100 went into another direction. I don't only recommend the MD although I do think they are the best. I like Beyers, AD series AKG for example.

Let's just say everyone have different taste for music! V-Moda M100 have a more V-Shape sound so it might not be for those who is looking for more neutral mids or something else.

Billson :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 150
But smaller cups on the k545 also means they are probably going to loose one thing they had in favor, the amazing soundstage.... Still they have all gathered to be a great competitor to the momentums... Still i like the original k550's better... they look beautifull all in black, they are just too damn big for outside use and the cord is also very big. With a smaller cable and just slightly smaller cups they could have been great... i know the k551 came out and have a smaller cable but it seems the midrange is inferior compared to the original k550. ALso if i am not mistaken the higher the nunmber the better the headphone and i dont believe a k545 will outperform the k550's or even the k551's... i know it is a stupid assumption because as i said the k551 are inferior to the 550's but just call it a feeling.... :wink:

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 150
But smaller cups on the k545 also means they are probably going to loose one thing they had in favor, the amazing soundstage.... Still they have all gathered to be a great competitor to the momentums... Still i like the original k550's better... they look beautifull all in black, they are just too damn big for outside use and the cord is also very big. With a smaller cable and just slightly smaller cups they could have been great... i know the k551 came out and have a smaller cable but it seems the midrange is inferior compared to the original k550. ALso if i am not mistaken the higher the nunmber the better the headphone and i dont believe a k545 will outperform the k550's or even the k551's... i know it is a stupid assumption because as i said the k551 are inferior to the 550's but just call it a feeling.... :wink:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/akg-k550-headphones-part-of-three-strong-new-range <- according to this, it seems like the K454 is an upgrade. But either ways, PSB M4U1 have smaller earcups than AKG K550 but I do find them have better imaging xD

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 150
OOOOOh..... finally a detachable cable!!! this should already have been os the k550's :) And it seems there is also a all black version... Now we are talking... :)
But i have to be honest... The k550's looked cooler XD Although not fit for portable use they were some ******* impressive headphones beacause of the dimension. MACHO HEAPHONES!!!! this ones looks more like one of the tiesto akg's.

by the way i dont know if i ever told you guys but i got the momentum's for 160 euros. They usually cost 300 here in europe. Not a bad deal right? :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #20 of 150
OOOOOh..... finally a detachable cable!!! this should already have been os the k550's :) And it seems there is also a all black version... Now we are talking... :)
But i have to be honest... The k550's looked cooler XD Although not fit for portable use they were some ******* impressive headphones beacause of the dimension. MACHO HEAPHONES!!!! this ones looks more like one of the tiesto akg's.

by the way i dont know if i ever told you guys but i got the momentum's for 160 euros. They usually cost 300 here in europe. Not a bad deal right? :)

THAT MOMENTUM DEAL! Where did you found it? XD

I myself interested in K545 actually if it sound equal or close to MA900 I will go for it :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 150
Portugal. A store called fnac... its like a staples... but instead of selling technology and stuf for offices they sell technology, books and cd's....

here's the link...

http://www.fnac.pt/Sennheiser-Auscultadores-Momentum-Auriculares-Hi-Fi-Auscultadores/a626395

Today the price increased to 200 euros... it is interesting because although they were selling the brown version for 160 they also had the black ones and those were always sold at 300. 

Oh by the way, meanwhile today i went there to ask for a refund but still i brought another unit of momentums to see if i would get lucky (my first one had what it seemed to be an uneven driver (the right one had weaker bass presence)).

I opened the new momentums tonight... Guess what? much better and i think wich was the problem with my first pair... the clamping effect was very weak.  Now the ones are like glue on my head... they dont move around, bass and overall sound seems even from both sides.... I think i am keeping these ones... I am going to burn them in for 20 or 30 hours to see how good they get, but for now i am getting a much more satisfying feeling than when i had the first ones... :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #24 of 150
Portugal. A store called fnac... its like a staples... but instead of selling technology and stuf for offices they sell technology, books and cd's....

here's the link...

http://www.fnac.pt/Sennheiser-Auscultadores-Momentum-Auriculares-Hi-Fi-Auscultadores/a626395

Today the price increased to 200 euros... it is interesting because although they were selling the brown version for 160 they also had the black ones and those were always sold at 300. 

Oh by the way, meanwhile today i went there to ask for a refund but still i brought another unit of momentums to see if i would get lucky (my first one had what it seemed to be an uneven driver (the right one had weaker bass presence)).

I opened the new momentums tonight... Guess what? much better and i think wich was the problem with my first pair... the clamping effect was very weak.  Now the ones are like glue on my head... they dont move around, bass and overall sound seems even from both sides.... I think i am keeping these ones... I am going to burn them in for 20 or 30 hours to see how good they get, but for now i am getting a much more satisfying feeling than when i had the first ones... :)

Congratulation! How do they sound to your ears? :D

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #25 of 150
Thank you guys... :) I think i got them for a pretty good price too but to be honest even a couple of weeks ago i never imagined to be spending 160 euros on a pair of headphones... XD i also sticked to the 60,70 euros ones like the aurvanas, but when i saw this ones at 160 i knew i had to do it... XD But i would never drop 300 euros on the momentums, not that they are not worth it but is is too much money...

Now my new momentums... they are still a bit raw... i have now about 12 hours on the... the first one had already 50 hours and were a little more open... First of all the good news is that this ones do not have uneven drivers so thats already very good... XD because of the higer pressure on the headband they now feel a bit bassier and that his very good... i complained about the first ones because everyone said they were warm but to me they sounded almost neutral... now yes... they area bit warm, but not too much. The momentums are a bit laidback,they perform very good on all areas but for edm and heavy metal maybe something a bit brighter and more agressive would be more apropriate. But still, although being laidback they perform very very well on all genres and to my ears, now that i have more bass because of the clam, i would basically just had 5 or 10% more highs, thats the only addition i would make... but even like ths they are already very very good.

Another great thin about having the higher clamping force is that now the are like glue on my face... they are still not the most confortable but they are better than the first one because thos rested on the upper part of my ears and after 30 minutes that would hurt as hell... Now the pressure is equal all around the ears and i can stand about 2 hours with them. :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #26 of 150
Thank you guys... :) I think i got them for a pretty good price too but to be honest even a couple of weeks ago i never imagined to be spending 160 euros on a pair of headphones... XD i also sticked to the 60,70 euros ones like the aurvanas, but when i saw this ones at 160 i knew i had to do it... XD But i would never drop 300 euros on the momentums, not that they are not worth it but is is too much money...

Now my new momentums... they are still a bit raw... i have now about 12 hours on the... the first one had already 50 hours and were a little more open... First of all the good news is that this ones do not have uneven drivers so thats already very good... XD because of the higer pressure on the headband they now feel a bit bassier and that his very good... i complained about the first ones because everyone said they were warm but to me they sounded almost neutral... now yes... they area bit warm, but not too much. The momentums are a bit laidback,they perform very good on all areas but for edm and heavy metal maybe something a bit brighter and more agressive would be more apropriate. But still, although being laidback they perform very very well on all genres and to my ears, now that i have more bass because of the clam, i would basically just had 5 or 10% more highs, thats the only addition i would make... but even like ths they are already very very good.

Another great thin about having the higher clamping force is that now the are like glue on my face... they are still not the most confortable but they are better than the first one because thos rested on the upper part of my ears and after 30 minutes that would hurt as hell... Now the pressure is equal all around the ears and i can stand about 2 hours with them. :)

Glad you like them! :D

I used to think throwing $200 is too much on headphones... But after I got my first decent pair, I have no problem throwing $300 and ATM thinking of $500 haha and that's why I agree with the Head-Fi's unofficial motto "Welcome to Head-Fi! sorry about your wallet"

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #27 of 150
Glad you like them! :D

I used to think throwing $200 is too much on headphones... But after I got my first decent pair, I have no problem throwing $300 and ATM thinking of $500 haha and that's why I agree with the Head-Fi's unofficial motto "Welcome to Head-Fi! sorry about your wallet"

wait till you get hooked on speakers. ..

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #30 of 150
wait till you get hooked on speakers. ..

Haha true true true!!! But I thought I will just forget about speaker first and wait for a few more years for speakers...

Headphones and amp/DAC is actually more than enough to kill our wallet already haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back