What is a Healthy & Tasty Snack?
Aug 5, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #46 of 52
Probably my favorite healthy snack is Russian canned fish like the sprat fish with a slice of dark Russian style bread. I live near a supermarket that sells Russian food so that’s how I discovered it. I really love it. If canned sprat fish is too weird for you, then you can substitute it with a Russian/ Jewish style smoked salmon. But I kind of prefer the canned sprat in some ways.

443DF921-A524-4112-A64F-1677AD978BEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #47 of 52
Brown rice congee. Congee is a porridge made from rice but if you make it with brown rice, it’s healthy and really delicious. I’m actually shocked that it’s under rated and almost unknown. In this photo the brown rice congee is flavored with turkey. To boost the flavor more, add a little Vietnamese fish sauce to boost the umami.

2C904A93-C39D-4E8A-B776-F2DB1C8B2352.jpeg

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #48 of 52
Pumpkin seeds. lots of fiber and they have a nice texture. you can get em in all kinds of flavors(tho some flavors will def make your breath smell, so if youre in an office maybe watch out). They will fill your teeth up too so have some toothpicks

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #49 of 52
Boiled lobster and corn. This is a great dish popular in the Boston area. People commonly add butter but from my experience high quality versions of lobster and corn does not need butter. I’ve even used a little bit of olive oil on corn and it was excellent.

Remember that Native American Indians ate this for many centuries and nourished them.

However, if you’re gonna eat American lobster it tastes best in the Boston/Maine/Canadian coast area. The flavor seems to diminish as they leave the region.

28B0467C-BD1E-4A33-A31E-1A6248553E6E.jpeg

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #50 of 52
I don't know if this is really all that healthy, but I like quality grocery store deli sandwitches like in Whole Foods for example. Their ingredients have the best quality!

Their roast beef is so good, and also their bacon!

roast-beef-with-blue.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #51 of 52
Hmmm interesting. I always see the Whole Foods sandwiches but never had a chance to get one. Will try it. The Whole Foods fresh made pizza is pretty decent in my opinion.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #52 of 52
Hmmm interesting. I always see the Whole Foods sandwiches but never had a chance to get one. Will try it. The Whole Foods fresh made pizza is pretty decent in my opinion.
Whole Foods deli is amazin. I would look at all the options of bread and try out all the different types of breads they got. Bread makes a big difference and they have great choices. Typical american bread we tend to buy have bland taste.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back