What is a good portable amp that pairs with the DT770 Pro 80 + iPhone 4s around $100
Mar 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JdmKicks94

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new to these forums and was wondering if I could get some advice. I am looking to but the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 and want to know what portable amp would pair well with them. My primary music device is an iPhone 4s. Thanks in advance

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Fiio E11 and a Fiio "L" cable.
Connect the Fiio L cable to the LOD port on the iPhone and the other end to the line in on the E11.
The L cable bypasses the iPhones built in headphone amplifier, providing a slightly cleaner analog audio signal to the E11.
Your kind of stuck using the iPhone's DAC (but I'm sure it's a decent DAC).
It's $500 to add a nice aftermarket DAC to an iPhone.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I was going to say Fiio E17, too... if budget can go to $140.

Although the E11 is about less than half the asking price of the E17, and though it can do a spectacular job driving the DT770 volume-wise, I think you'll benefit more from the EQ options of the E17, which can drive down or up the treble of the DT770 if you feel like it's too hot/dampened.

But if you just need volume, go either E11 or cmoyBB. I personally don't have any experience with cmoyBB, so I can't comment, but Fiio E11 is pretty good to me.

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks guys ^^ would the pa2v2 also be a good choice? Or should I stick with e11?

Get a JDSLabs Cmoy v2.03 what,you lose in transparency you regain through a larger soundstage and a more fun sound with the option to play while charging and roll opamps for an upgrade and plus there's the novelty factor

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 8
One thing you might want to think about when using an iPhone 4s as your source is that some amps will pick up interference from the phone unless you are in Airplane mode. My E11 certain picks up interference if it is closer than 12 inches from the phone. 
Im waiting until I can get an I.Fuzen HP1# and then I'll sell my E11. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back