What IEM would you select in this price range?
Jun 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #17 of 26
$0-$30         ECCI PR100
$30-$60       Brainwavz M2
$60-$100     RE-ZERO or RE0 with E5
$100-$300   Used SM3

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 26

Okay, I really don't wanna feed the troll...but he might learn something. If he listens.

Quote:
Do not expect one dynamic speaker to do what a complex designed, multi crossover network can achieve.

Passive crossover=more possible points of error and overlappage, especially with many drivers. Siegfried Linkwitz himself has said "The only excuse for passive crossovers is their low cost. Their behavior changes with the signal level dependent dynamics of the drivers. They block the power amplifier from taking maximum control over the voice coil motion. They are a waste of time, if accuracy of reproduction is the goal."

Then again, dynamic drivers have to work harder and in theory distort, but usually don't. More =/= better every single time. Crossovers also color (color might not be the right word) the sound because of the components in the crossover like capacitors and resistors.

Quote:
Where do you get this stuff.
One poster makes a list because he likes the signature of distortion of a French sound, and you think that makes it the top one.  Ha.. 

Top 3 are three way crossovers or more.

Please explain why the top three MUST have crossovers. Why do the top full size headphones use one driver instead of multiple drivers?
And yeah, ER4? Stax 001 MKII? They both sound absolutely wonderful. I haven't heard the SM3 or UM3x (How many people wanna bet this is the only thing he quotes?), but I'm pretty sure that the ER4 and 001 will equal or even surpass some aspects of the three way crossover headphones.

And what is the meaning of the second sentence...?

Anyways:
0-30-Meelectronics M6 (It's gone on sale in this price range right? I liked them when I tried them. If not M9.)
30-60-Fischer Eterna
60-100-I'll be different and go on a limb by saying MC5. I haven't heard anything good in this price range. The S4 didn't impress me. I don't want to say RE0, because I'll be frank and say something (no clue what it is) doesn't mesh with me.
100-300-I've only owned the MTPC, and heard the Stax 001 and ER4 albeit briefly, but if we can play this game deaf I'd like hearing the EQ-7. I'd still probably pick the 001 though. Probably won't be able to justify buying one though now that I have the MTPC.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 26
I don't want to feed the troll either, but I'd like to see what the 2nd and 3rd place are if they're triple armatures.
If it's SE530 or TF10, you haven't been reading up enough lately on any of the newcomers. That includes the eQ-7, FX-700, DDM, DBA-02 (sorry to mention my own product, here's a disclaimer right now, I'm the NA Fischer Audio dealer).
Ety's ER-4 reigned king for almost 20 years with a single driver, and is still very relevant.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
I don't want to feed the troll either, but I'd like to see what the 2nd and 3rd place are if they're triple armatures.
If it's SE530 or TF10, you haven't been reading up enough lately on any of the newcomers. That includes the eQ-7, FX-700, DDM, DBA-02 (sorry to mention my own product, here's a disclaimer right now, I'm the NA Fischer Audio dealer).
Ety's ER-4 reigned king for almost 20 years with a single driver, and is still very relevant.

*random* Why don't you have a MOT tag? Just wondering because haven't you been the distributor since like November?

Quote:
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing it so he just might learn and stop.

Sumflow, are you Volt3ge? Just wondering.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
joker, all you need now is a ViSang R04

True. However, the R01, R02, and R03 all have nice easy-to-wear shells while the much pricier ($100) R04 has the pseudo-ergonomic housings from the Music Valley SP1, which just don't work with my ears.

Also, please don't quote the troll. Some of us have the lunacy blocked. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hah, that was my first thought several weeks ago.

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:

*random* Why don't you have a MOT tag? Just wondering because haven't you been the distributor since like November?

I'm doing it so he just might learn and stop.

lol he won't learn... i honestly don't understand him, have you seen his different type of earphones guide?

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
joker, all you need now is a ViSang R04

True. However, the R01, R02, and R03 all have nice easy-to-wear shells while the much pricier ($100) R04 has the pseudo-ergonomic housings from the Music Valley SP1, which just don't work with my ears.

Also, please don't quote the troll. Some of us have the lunacy blocked. 

Quote:

Hah, that was my first thought several weeks ago.

Was Sonic actually him? meh probably shouldn't discuss it.

Quote:
lol he won't learn... i honestly don't understand him, have you seen his different type of earphones guide?

Yeah...so many things wrong.

Umm...going back on topic, yeah I have nothing of importance to say. I posted my list already.

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #25 of 26

I don't know, I told them when I started and I was told I was put on the list for MOT tags to be applied. I've seen MOTs be given tags since then, so I don't know what's going on. I suppose I haven't been adhering to the exact rules, but when the new Head-Fi came about there was supposedly going to be a rule change that allows MOTs to talk a bit more freely. The TOS haven't been updated yet, so I don't know what'll happen of that.
Either way, I suppose I relaxed a bit when I saw that, and hopefully that doesn't bite me. I've been careful to remain neutral and I don't just talk about my products - I'm clearly not here for free advertising. I'm here because I like being a head-fier, and I think not talking about anything does the community a bit of injustice. I've never had a complaint about me saying what I think (aside from a mod once a while ago, saying I should buy a sponsor forum if I want to talk), in fact, I've had several people say they appreciate it. I don't think I'm doing any harm or being biased or bad talking competitors, and if anyone objects to that statement, please let me know.

Anyways, let's not derail the thread here. That probably should have gone in a PM but oh well.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back