What IC cables do non-believers use?
Jun 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure you are comfortable proclaiming where the point of diminishing returns is for everyone.

I said no such thing. That is what YOU are trying to do, by claiming that non-believers should all be using freebie cables.

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #77 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said no such thing. That is what YOU are trying to do, by claiming that non-believers should all be using freebie cables.

When people say "All cables sound alike" what part of that don't you understand? What do you think it means when people say "I don't believe in cables"?

It was all laid out for you in post 53 http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5771516-post53.html

The name of the thread is "What IC cables do non-believers use?" Not partial believers Beefy.

You guys are letting your emotions cause you to write things that are not very smart.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #78 of 109
Quote:

You guys are letting your emotions cause you to write things that are not very smart.

Pot, kettle, black.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #79 of 109
Quote:

Pot, kettle, black.

That is the best you can do? Pot Kettle Black? Why not just admit you were wong? I laid it all out for you in english, did you not understand it?

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #80 of 109
Quote:

Why not just admit you were wong?

Because I'm not wrong, but I can't be nutted arguing with you.

Quote:

I laid it all out for you in english, did you not understand it?

I understand what you think you were saying.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #81 of 109
Quote:

The name of the thread is "What IC cables do non-believers use?" Not partial believers Beefy.

Ah meaningless extreme points of view. I guess all the partial-believers should stop posting in the thread so we can see if there's anyone who meets the necessary theological criteria of complete and total disbelief. Academic exercises are fun.

Quote:

You totally scored some points for your argument there. Nice.
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #82 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You olblueyez still don't get it. We will get something useful. Something that has good build quality, the desired length we need, and if it looks good even better.

There is a difference between getting a radio shack cable or a standard cable like the ones I have (<$20) to getting a >$100 or some cable where the manufacturer claims it will sound "better" in any frequency range, or more punchy bass or soundstage expanding....

You keep taking things to the extreme, when it is not needed. If some members like uncle Erik buy some BJC cables because he likes the looks of them then be it. It is his money and I won't be saying what he can do with it. But he also acknowledges that the reason why he bought them it is because of how they are built or how fancy they look, not because he thinks it will help him get better bass or more liquid? sound
biggrin.gif

There is no SQ change, unless as gregorio pointed out, the cables are broken, have oxide or something similar.

Don't like quoting myself, but as you, olblueyez, seem to skip the responses you don't like or shall I say...

The ones you don't have answer to....
Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

You tend to do that a lot when gregorio writes something and you just ignore it. Just giving you a bit to think about (If you still remember how to do that last part
tongue_smile.gif
darthsmile.gif
)

EDIT: And yeah, I keep pointing out things that gregorio say, mostly because he is the counter example to your "experience" with equipment.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #83 of 109
^ thats cause he prob put him on the ignore list so he doesnt see certain ppl's responses

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #84 of 109
Its obvious that there never really was a partial believer category until this thread pointed out the enormous hypocrisy of people who claim not to believe in cables and claim cables don't make a difference but still do not use the cheapest cables available. One thing often said in the cable threads is how everyone is getting ripped off and how people like myself are wasting money. Now we discover some of those people are using cables that cost more than 4 times what a cheap cable costs??? Just so I have this straight, there are now 3 categories:

Non Believers
Partial Believers
Believers

If you guys want to make that distinction then maybe your posts should not begin with "non-believer", or "I don't really believe". The truth is lots of people on this forum like to spread all that cables don't make a difference crap when we all know its different for everyone and now this thread sheds light on those who obviously don't practice what they preach, and because of this we now have developed a new category that I am positive will never materialize in other cable threads as it is only a defensive mechanism.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #85 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ thats cause he prob put him on the ignore list so he doesnt see certain ppl's responses <~~~thanks for writing with your brain and not your,,,
wink_face.gif

Gregorio has been on my ignore list since he became a member, he has never made a rational point with all of his unending gibberish about recording studios and how they use regular cables to produce the best possible sound, something we all know it total bull. So yes Bullseye, you missed the mark again.

See what happens, when people decide they want to contradict someone no matter what it takes, even if means posting non sense like Gregorio does?
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #86 of 109
^Oh I see. The perfect way to keep a polite argument running.
rolleyes.gif
(The ginore list)

Plus to olblueyez, you keep going to the extreme case. That is obviously because you do not understand our claims backed up with data & DBT...

Ignorance is bliss...
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I think you are being paranoid with this cable stuff.
Then again I still wonder why I am not part of your ignore list...
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #87 of 109
Quote:

until this thread pointed out the enormous hypocrisy of people who claim not to believe in cables

Thank the heavens that you are here to save us
rolleyes.gif

If I wanted to be as obtuse as you, I could argue that there is no such thing as a cable non-believer. A cable non-believer wouldn't have any cables at all.

But I'm not that obtuse, and prefer to use common sense. Perhaps you could use some common sense as well, and dwell on this sentiment of mine:
There is NO problem with being a cable 'non-believer' and still demanding a rational, scientific, minimum level of quality for physically measurable parameters.

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #88 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Oh I see. The perfect way to keep a polite argument running.
rolleyes.gif
(The ginore list)

You and Gregorio are on the ignore list with lots of people.

Plus to olblueyez, you keep going to the extreme case. That is obviously because you do not understand our claims backed up with data & DBT...

You dont even know what a blind test is and you have never participated in one. You also fail to realize that a blind test will only give you results with the people and equipment used in the test, it has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Ignorance is bliss...
rolleyes.gif
You should be over come with bliss everyday when you wake up.

Oh, and I think you are being paranoid with this cable stuff.
Then again I still wonder why I am not part of your ignore list...
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for reminding me to add you. Looks like you missed the mark again Mr.Bullseye.

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #89 of 109
Quote:

Thanks for reminding me to add you. Looks like you missed the mark again Mr.Bullseye.

You just keep covering your ears, screaming LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #90 of 109
Quote:

Thank the heavens that you are here to save us
rolleyes.gif

If I wanted to be as obtuse as you, I could argue that there is no such thing as a cable non-believer. A cable non-believer wouldn't have any cables at all.

You have already proved yourself to be obtuse when you tried to give new meaning to the term "Non-Believer".

But I'm not that obtuse, and prefer to use common sense. Perhaps you could use some common sense as well, and dwell on this sentiment of mine:
There is NO problem with being a cable 'non-believer' and still demanding a rational, scientific, minimum level of quality for physically measurable parameters.

No, Beefy that is fine if you wish to see it that way, but thats not what these people are saying in the cable threads. You will never get said measurements anyway, so either way it makes no difference. Like I said before, where does the point of diminishing returns begin? I think its different for everyone, not everyone has the same hearing and same budget or same sensibilities. So Beefy, by all means tell us what the acceptable specs are.

From what I can tell the only measurements any of you guys have made (Except for Nick) are some of you make sure the cables dont look like this:

bs039yj8.jpg

WTH measurements are you talking about Beefy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back