What headphones have the same type of sound as the Sennheiser IE8 earphones?
Jun 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

djbasketball1

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Senneheiser IE8 earphones. I really like the type of sound they produce I want to buy some headphones, but I was wondering which model have the sale type of sound as the Sennhieser IE8 which have extremely good bass and soundstage. I will be using them through my IPhone 3GS and MacBook, I will be not using an amp.

I was thinking of the Beyerdynamics DT-990 and the Grado RS-2. Any help would be appreciated.

Feel free to leave any other suggestions or opinions.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 11
I don't think there's any full size headphone that sounds like the IE8, especially unamped. Maybe the Denon D1100 but I haven't tried it out myself so I can't say for sure, but it does have big bass, and a over ear headphone is gonna have a better soundstage than an IEM almost every time

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 11
That's abit of a jump from a D1100 which is what £90 to a £450 headphone?

Take a look at Denon D2000's they are supposed to be very good considering buying some myself, Their low Ohm Good for no Amp, Although really you want an Amp to provide good clear signal and power to the headphones to make them sound the best.

Natty.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 11
I am pretty sure any Grado will not have the house sound/sound signature comparable to Sennheiser. Grado's are usually much more bright sounding than Sennheisers (which typically have a dark signature). I too would recommend the Denon AH-D2000, albeit with a decent amp.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 11
I personally have owned D2000s, and D5000s with D7000 cups as well as the IE8s (all at once)

I find that the bass of the Denons are far more satisfying, providing a head rumbling experience at louder volumes.
Soundstage isn't that great on the Denons.
The treble between the 2 headphones sound quite different.  (I personally preferred the Denons over the IE8 trebles.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back