What headphones are you currently rocking?
Oct 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #466 of 1,757
LCD-3s (again) 
L3000.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #468 of 1,757
In a little while I'll be slipping into my beloved DT880. It's been a long, tiring day, and it'll be nice to be caressed with soft velour and cradled with the lovely, airy sound they do so well. Some nice choral music will do the trick tonight. The experience always washes over me like I'm taking a nice hot bath.

I could do that, too. Unfortunately I can't do them both at the same time. That would be just awesome.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #471 of 1,757
I'm wearing my portables, Sennheiser PX90's. Had them on during the ride home and just haven't bothered to stop the music to switch over to the home 'phones yet.

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #472 of 1,757
Quote:
I'm wearing my portables, Sennheiser PX90's. Had them on during the ride home and just haven't bothered to stop the music to switch over to the home 'phones yet.

That's the sign of a good portable. If it's good enough that you don't want to yank it off your head and pitch it in the corner the minute you have access to something better.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #473 of 1,757
Quote:
That's the sign of a good portable. If it's good enough that you don't want to yank it off your head and pitch it in the corner the minute you have access to something better.

Yup, definitely
biggrin.gif

I'm currently in between college classes, playing Pop'n Music/DJMAX on my PSP Go w/Klipsch Image S4 while relaxing in the library. I know it isn't the greatest setup, but its convenient, and I don't like keeping a lot of electronics on me at one time.

I bought mine back in June of 09 when they launched, so on the bright side their probably smoother now in the treble than they should be, which is nice.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #474 of 1,757

Funny, I didn't find that happening to me when I had the dt1350. Closed cans just seem very inferior to open ones. However that may change when I get something like t5p or sig pro though still unlikely.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #476 of 1,757
I'm still rocking the HD600s.
Even though I bought the EPH-100s, Wooduo 2s, and GR07s since getting the HD600s, I still keep going back to these.
Instruments just sound so darn good on these it makes it hard listening to anything else...

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #477 of 1,757
Quote:
I'm still rocking the HD600s.
Even though I bought the EPH-100s, Wooduo 2s, and GR07s since getting the HD600s, I still keep going back to these.
Instruments just sound so darn good on these it makes it hard listening to anything else...

What do you think of the Yamahas? I remember seeing them awhile back, reading great reviews, and thinking they had the worst tips of any earphone I'd ever seen.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #478 of 1,757
Quote:
What do you think of the Yamahas? I remember seeing them awhile back, reading great reviews, and thinking they had the worst tips of any earphone I'd ever seen.

I actually like the Yamahas quite a bit for bass heavy music... their bass seems a bit less impressive now that I have the Wooduos which have more sub bass than any of the subwoofers I own, but the vocals sound wrong on the Hisound IEMs, the overall sound of the Yamahas is very good. They've got a very refined treble even though it is a bit recessed. I found that if you EQ them with a treble boost, they make a pretty good v-curved IEM. and if you do a bass reduction, you get a pretty good balanced sound signature as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back