What headphones are you currently rocking?
Jun 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #196 of 1,757
Quote:
Somehow the iems that I have used the most this year are a pair that I bought for under £20.  The klipsch image x1 (s2).  They aren't brilliant by any means but through a combination of factors have turned out to be the pair that I have the most hours on.  Got my three main pairs (klipsch x10i, westone 2 and Triple fi 10) reshelled to save on tips but due to poor fit have had to go back a second time.  As I'm in uk and fisher are in the states, this takes about 4 weeks each time!).  Keep meaning to get a better pair but do what I always do when trying to make a purchase.  Narrow it down to two possibilities and then paralyse myself unable to make the final decision.  That's how I've ended up with a pair of £20 iems as my main beater pair right now (that and the fact that the pair of shure se215's I bought broke twice and gave up).

Cheers.

A sad day for me yesterday.  The aforementioned klipschs finally bit the dust.  Can of coke in my bag decided to empty itself over all the contents and the iems were inside.  Not that bothered as they were only a £20 headphone at the end of the day it's more the timing that sucks.  Another week or so and my customs should be back from their third refit! 

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #197 of 1,757
Recently acquired Bose AE2's. Surprisingly good. Koss KSC75. Surprisingly not good. 

Wish list: Bose AE1, AKG K240 600 ohm, Fostex T50RP. 

AE1 are worth trying if you like the AE2; haven't heard the other two. :xf_eek:

Oh, and I'm using my computer's speakers right now - it's early and I'm leaving soon.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #199 of 1,757
Quote:
HD800. My LCD 2.2 have now settled into their new home. HD800s are all I've got for now. :D

Where did your LCD-2's go?

EDIT: Oh, and rocking the Grado PS1000's as of the moment. Getting a lot of head time.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #203 of 1,757
Bass quantity was the only place the LCD 2 bested the HD800. Extension and detail stayed about the same (as that was what the LCD 2 was best at). I was worried and that's why I initially was keeping both, but after doing some A/Bing I just decided to keep the HD800.

Quote:

Nto to de-rail. One last question, how does the bass compare?

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #210 of 1,757
Not too keen on the big setup's either.

Running a iPod touch -> Se215's. I had some HD-25's but they are too bulky for me (lol). I've gotta move around a lot, or have one ear open, so I can't really use headphones. Gotta love the IEM's.

Sometimes I throw in a LOD and a cMoyBB, but not too often as the foot print is too large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back