What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 23, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #76 of 1,757

Quote:
I just wanted something to remind me why I'm here 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Reliving the nightmare on Ear-street?

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #77 of 1,757

Quote:

Reliving the nightmare on Ear-street?

Oh, come on now, the iBuds aren't that bad. Sure, they're extremely sterile and thin, but I have heard a lot worse. Noticed the italicized a lot, I really mean it...

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #78 of 1,757

Quote:
Oh, come on now, the iBuds aren't that bad. Sure, they're extremely sterile and thin, but I have heard a lot worse. Noticed the italicized a lot, I really mean it...

When compared to what I listen to it really is that bad lol. Even the bose IE2s make the ibuds look bad but that's to be expected at the price point difference.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #79 of 1,757

Quote:
When compared to what I listen to it really is that bad lol. Even the bose IE2s make the ibuds look bad but that's to be expected at the price point difference.

Earbuds in general are just bad and don't sound good. But the iBuds are one of the best earbuds in the world IMO. When compared to everything else, though, they're just wretched. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #80 of 1,757

Quote:
Earbuds in general are just bad and don't sound good. But the iBuds are one of the best earbuds in the world IMO. When compared to everything else, though, they're just wretched. 

Not sure when compared to Hisounds top offering in the segment. I've heard its a very good earbud in its price-range.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #81 of 1,757

Quote:
Not sure when compared to Hisounds top offering in the segment. I've heard its a very good earbud in its price-range.

The Live? I wrote a review of that awhile back but then took it down since I was in the process of updating it. The Live sounds better, but the iBud is really good considering it comes free. The Live has a much better soundstage (despite being extremely congested when compared to IEM's and headphones) and has more low end surge than the iBuds, but it's not a significant difference.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #83 of 1,757
Quote:

They actually have a pretty decent presentation for earbuds; they sound wide and distant yet fairly dynamic. They lack height and don't really get too overwhelmed, the main problem I have with them is that they have that sort of cloudy overall texture that I can't stand, even though they aren't sharp so too speak. I'm not sure how to explain it. I'm talking about the ibuds that come with the iPhone 4G, the old ones were terrible.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #84 of 1,757

Quote:
Quote:

They actually have a pretty decent presentation for earbuds; they sound wide and distant yet fairly dynamic. They lack height and don't really get too overwhelmed, the main problem I have with them is that they have that sort of cloudy overall texture that I can't stand, even though they aren't sharp so too speak. I'm not sure how to explain it. I'm talking about the ibuds that come with the iPhone 4G, the old ones were terrible.

Oh yes. I should have mentioned that I have the latest iteration. I personally like a warm signature, and the iBuds are just too shrill. But as I've said before, the iBuds come free, which actually are decently detailed, while others that cost money are a congested muddy mess.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #85 of 1,757

Quote:
Quote:

Grainy?

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #88 of 1,757
Sony XB700 arrived today, I just had to to hear what all the bass heads were talking about. Amazon had one last pair and thought I would take the plunge.

Been listening via my iPod's and iPhone, Mac Mini and Macbook Pro for a few hours and it's not bad. Amazing sound straight from the iPhone without the portable amp that I use on the iPod Classic. Apple Lossless sound better than the 320kbps mp3 and 256kbps aac files, those need some EQ settings on.  Hip Hop and R&B really do sound good and some Dance music. I'm sure after 30 hours the sound will be different as I've read here in the forums.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #89 of 1,757
I've been using my Edition 8 Palladiums as my portable for roughly two and a half months now and my HD 650's are pretty much the only cans I use at home.  Come Spring, when I start biking everywhere again, I'll be using my Grado RS1i's, though, since they'll allow me to hear traffic.  I'm lending both my Grado GR10's and IE7's to friends right now since I don't use IEMs during the winter.  I should have my ES5's well before I stop needing ear muffs, though.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #90 of 1,757
Quote:

Not necessarily true, the iBuds can't compare to the ear buds of the 80's and 90's by Sony and AIWA; now those are hifi. IBuds have a nice presentation but don't come even close. Today's earbuds are overpriced and don't seem to come close to the quality of some of those old earbuds. The old Sony's and AIWA's are so rare that there current cost is just as bad as the cost on yuin's and the like though, hec there usually bloated to the point of being much more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back