What headphones are you currently rocking?
Mar 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,096 of 1,757
Been listening to Queens of the Stone age and Two Sword on my RS-2's again, Damn they are fine!!!! Seriously like the perfect contrast to my HE-500 I think. A bit more off topic. My little Dot MK-II is kind of an enigma. I have been using the "bassy" Tubes with my Lyr, I always thought the MK-II was a dark amp but its got a really nice upper mid bump as well, makes the mass kick a bit and the vocals have a zing.

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #1,097 of 1,757
Quote:

O no  not at all.  

Hundred million dollar question...

Have you heard them?

1 billion dollar response, yes I have. I have heard all the AKG K/Q70X line, the differences are less than 5% between each step up model from the original white 701's. And yes I absolutely hate the treble from them, soundstaging is probably the only thing decent from them and I laugh a bit to myself when people say "they need $1000+ amp's to shine". Not directly at you though just saying.

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #1,100 of 1,757
Quote:
I wouldn't say they are warmer of course imo, I'd say the brightness of the treble is scaled down a bit but still annoyingly bright. I might have sensitive ears. 

You wouldn't say they're warmer than what?  Other AKGs?  Yeah right....  Picture that..

That's really funny.  

IMO there's no way in the world the 65th anniversaries would be called bright.

Every last person that owns a pair seems to think or would call them a warm headphone.  Including me.  It's all good though.  I guess you like listening to your music closed up in a closet **cough LCD-2 cough**.  Have at it buddy.  I'll continue to enjoy the warm sound of the 65th anniversaries.   

I'm sure you know, but just in case you don't.  5% is all it takes.  What??
rolleyes.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #1,101 of 1,757
Quote:

You wouldn't say they're warmer than what?  Other AKGs?  Yeah right....  Picture that..

That's really funny.  

IMO there's no way in the world the 65th anniversaries would be called bright.

Every last person that owns a pair seems to think or would call them a warm headphone.  Including me.  It's all good though.  I guess you like listening to your music closed up in a closet **cough LCD-2 cough**.  Have at it buddy.  I'll continue to enjoy the warm sound of the 65th anniversaries.   

I'm sure you know, but just in case you don't.  5% is all it takes.  What??
rolleyes.gif

Warmer than the previous craptastic line of original Q/K70X, again I wouldn't call it warmer, though I'd love a FR graph to see where people are saying this warmer treble/sig is based from/on, at least me and 3 other people have heard and owned them wouldn't say they are warm. Would I say it is slightly more tolerable to listen than the previous Q/K70X mess, possibly yes.

And sorry no I don't like listening to my music in a closet, I like my music open, wide, spacious and realistic or natural for most listening sessions, unfortunately for my LCD2's and those rev.2's I've heard, they sound so inferior and boring to my Stax gear and my HD800's. Only reason I'm keeping my rev.1's is just for the sake of the wooden housing, all else is soundwise is a joke and I expect it to be even more of a joke when I get my BHSE in. 
size]

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,105 of 1,757
lol. :xf_eek:

Unrelated to that back-and-forth, I'm currently rocking the following cans:

Do those need an amp to shine for you?

Guys I've had blocked Eustachian tubes for the past few days. Not rocking any cans. They are starting to open up to where I can swallow and not have horrible pain shooting up to my ears. No clue when I be rocking again but soon I hope.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,106 of 1,757
Quote:

Guys I've had blocked Eustachian tubes for the past few days. Not rocking any cans. They are starting to open up to where I can swallow and not have horrible pain shooting up to my ears. No clue when I be rocking again but soon I hope.

Same here. My allergies are giving me fits the last week. Do you hear a slight high pitched sound in your ears? I'm hoping its the stuffed up head and not Tinitus. 
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,108 of 1,757

Yes and no. I say no more because I've never had a mind to try them unamped - they're 250 ohms and <100 dB/mW; the fact that they have a 1/8" connector is kind of hilarious IMO. :p That said, they don't really "change character" between my headphone amp, receiver, or CD player; so basically I'd expect them to behave themselves with anything that can competently handle a high impedance load.

Yuck. Hope it passes soon! :xf_eek:

Currently rocking the ATH-W5000 and Living Proof.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #1,109 of 1,757
Quote:
Currently rocking the ATH-W5000 and Living Proof.

How do you like the W5000s? I remember hearing them a while ago and not liking them, but I think I was in my basshead phase at the time. I think I remember them having a pretty nice sparkely sound, with nice mids, but of course sound memory is pretty poor.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back