What headphone will you buy with your tax refund?
Mar 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #61 of 69
I Have to pay taxes this year
mad.gif
. So really I'm giving the IRS my headphone money
angry_face.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #62 of 69
Well, I got my Federal refund check a few days ago and it's more than enough to cover either the HD800 or PS-1000. I'm waiting for the reviews first. However, given the current state of the economy, when it actually comes time to make the purchase I wonder if I'll be able to do it with a clear conscience.

Also, I just got a $1200 bonus at work which isn't saying much since we just found out no one is getting a raise this year.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #64 of 69
A week ago H&R Block said I'll have my refund by 3/12, and the whole thing is going to be sent the Chase VISA. The HD800 will raise the balance a little again, but I need to try to make that my last phone purchase for a while. It will still take me 6-12 months to pay off the rest of the credit cards after that.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will still take me 6-12 months to pay off the rest of the credit cards after that.

Ouch.

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch.

He does have a he60 to soth the pain.

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting a tax refund because taking into account all the write-offs, I paid too much tax in 2008. What I will be receiving from the taxman is actually my own money and not a handout.
Still, it's not a good idea to spend it on a pair of PS100 or a HD800.

Ah, I think I got one of them once. The problem was that I was being taxed, when I shouldn't be as I'm under 18.

I think I got about 50 cents refunded to me.

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mean to be political, but that's the kind of attitude that has largely put the world economy where it is now (only thinking about the short run without consideration for long run effects). Trust me when I say the worst is NOT over like some claim. As a side not I am getting a $950AU payement from the government, i'd however prefer they not give out such payouts and have the government spend the money (if they must spend it and put as in such a huge defecit) on infastructure and the like. All there doing in my eyes is trying to buy votes.

Kids only 15. If Big B can bail out every failed business on the planet, why not make headphone companies rich by giving us checks and checking off either PS1000/HD800/E8.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mean to be political, but that's the kind of attitude that has largely put the world economy where it is now (only thinking about the short run without consideration for long run effects). Trust me when I say the worst is NOT over like some claim. As a side not I am getting a $950AU payement from the government, i'd however prefer they not give out such payouts and have the government spend the money (if they must spend it and put as in such a huge defecit) on infastructure and the like. All there doing in my eyes is trying to buy votes.

I think they changed it to $900 AUD, $50 goes to the bushfire victims / rebuild,
Infrastrature can take longer time, then the short stimulas package especially people out of work can get some form of cash injection into a society where Consumption is fairly important, more GST/Tax Revenue, but probably wont help overall.

I think the Labor government is also borrowing the money that they will give us as well :p as thats what the Liberals are claiming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back