What headphone/IEM should I get?
Aug 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Akshayk

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys I'm new to this site and I'm going to be new to higher-end headphones/IEMs as well.

I'm looking for headphones between $100-$200, I'm 15 so I can't spend too much as I'm paying for the headphones.

I would like headphones that have good noise isolation, as I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears), good overall sound so good bass, clear and sparkly highs/mids, and they should should be comfortable. I know that I may not be able to have all of these things in my price range, but I would like them. Also, hopefully they should be fun!

I mainly listen to EDM, which means I listen to Trance, House, Electro-House, Dubstep etc, I also listen to bassline. 

I will be using these headphones/IEMs all the time, so I will be using them at school, when I'm sitting down, and even when I'll be going to sleep!

I was looking at the V-Moda M80, apparently the bass Isn't strong and they don't isolate enough.

Can you please recommend me some in ear monitors, and over ear headphones?

Thank you, Akshayk :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey man...I think that there's another place for this, but I'm just gonna give you a hand before this gets moved.

Headphone isolation is almost always going to be second to IEM isolation.  So if you're on the move - I suggest IEMs.  You really didn't mention what you intended to use these for, so it's kind of hard pinning down suggestions.  

For IEMs that'll suit your tastes, I'll just throw out a few popular options SE215 LE (bass, kinda dark), ATH IM70, ATH IM 02.  Sony's entry level earphones have a safe and generally pleasant tuning as well.  Maybe someone else could comment on the Fischer stuff?

Headphones - VModa (but not comfortable in my opinion), M50x (but the treble might get you), MSR7 is pretty good, Beyer 770, 880 (some of this might be out of your price range but I'm sure you could secure a good deal).  I really suggest you do a quick search or two.  Headfonia and Innerfidelity have some excellent resources regarding this.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 6
Hey man...I think that there's another place for this, but I'm just gonna give you a hand before this gets moved.

Headphone isolation is almost always going to be second to IEM isolation.  So if you're on the move - I suggest IEMs.  You really didn't mention what you intended to use these for, so it's kind of hard pinning down suggestions.  

For IEMs that'll suit your tastes, I'll just throw out a few popular options SE215 LE (bass, kinda dark), ATH IM70, ATH IM 02.  Sony's entry level earphones have a safe and generally pleasant tuning as well.  Maybe someone else could comment on the Fischer stuff?

Headphones - VModa (but not comfortable in my opinion), M50x (but the treble might get you), MSR7 is pretty good, Beyer 770, 880 (some of this might be out of your price range but I'm sure you could secure a good deal).  I really suggest you do a quick search or two.  Headfonia and Innerfidelity have some excellent resources regarding this.

Lol his question is 4 years old. Better late than never I guess

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 6

This kid who's now a man has probably went through 10 pairs of IEM's since this thread was made, way to resurrect a 4 year old thread

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 6
This kid who's now a man has probably went through 10 pairs of IEM's since this thread was made, way to resurrect a 4 year old thread

Lol his question is 4 years old. Better late than never I guess

Sorry fellas...for some reason it's top of the list for me. Didn't quite notice it was so old that but oh well. Must be something wrong with my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back