What have I been doing in the way of exercise lately...
Jun 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Since my heart surgery last year (4xCABG) I have come a long way and have a long way to go but if any one is interested in what I have been doing over the last three months here is a link to a journal of what I have been doing.

Steve's Exercise Blog - Cardiac Athlete Forums

I can also say that I have gone from almost 300 lbs to just below 210lbs today. I look like and feel like a different person.

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great job slwiser and congrats on your weight loss! Interesting forum you posted and its cool to have the online support in attaining your goals.

You are right about the support people provide. I also have a before and after till the first of June picture of myself in one of the posts in that thread, headless of course. Where I am showing myself in a 50-52 inch pant and now in a 36-38 inch pant.

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 17
Great job! I haven't had heart problems yet but I've been plagued with multiple smaller problems that have caused me to gain weight. Now I fear the stress from that is starting to take its toll. I recently bought a treadmill and to make a big change in a healthier direction. Keep up the great work!

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #5 of 17
Congrats and it's great to hear you're doing well! You deserve to feel great!

The weight loss is amazing, isn't it? I knocked off a terrible diet almost exactly one year ago and think I'm down close to 100 lbs. I think I feel better now than I did in high school 20 years ago.

Keep it up and keep going!

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great job! I haven't had heart problems yet but I've been plagued with multiple smaller problems that have caused me to gain weight. Now I fear the stress from that is starting to take its toll. I recently bought a treadmill and to make a big change in a healthier direction. Keep up the great work!

I don't know your issues but I would suggest getting to a cardio doctor and get a stress test. I was diagnose by my family doctor with so many things and now I am doing so much better. He told me I had fibromealigia because of all the pain I was experiencing and now all that is gone for one example.

I used to exercise as well and over a number of year saw myself get weaker and weaker till I could hardly walk 100 feet without getting tightness in my chest. I never had a heart attack. The doctors told me that I had lots of little veins which help produce a natural bypass till I got as bad as I did.

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can also say that I have gone from almost 300 lbs to just below 210lbs today. I look like and feel like a different person.

Nice Steve, good for you! It's amazing how far you've come in such a short amount of time.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 17
Congratulations on your success. That is really an amazing feat.
atsmile.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 17
Well done! Minus 34 kilo is a really great result...
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good work, hard to believe that you can feel so much better with some free exercise. Started a few months ago as well, and its nice to get support from online, as well as, at home.

I would say that I feel better because of the 4xCABG first then the exercise... I think I had issues for a much longer term than anyone would imagine.

I remember back in my 30s when I was playing racketball and hit a wall in my endurance and wondered what happened to me. I think this was the beginning. Later in 2002 I was pushing my Airdyne exercise over an hour and at a fairly high and hit another wall and from there on it was all down hill for me. This about when I developed major aches and pains all over with cramping in muscles without really doing much. I settled into sedentary pursuits about 2004. Maybe this is one reason why I have had such a focus on headphones since.

I have always been heavy and was about 180 lbs when I got my drivers license at 18. So the newer me is a new experience. Between 2002 and the CABG of Feb 08 I am sure I lost a great amount of muscle mass and it will take me a long time to regain most of that. I am sure I have regained some back but not all of it so far. It probably will take a couple of years at least to regain what I will regain at my age, 58.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well done.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 17
Great to hear how well you are doing! Good job as well. Keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back