What has headfi done to me!?
Sep 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #16 of 37
I've already spent over $400 on my headphone equipment ever since coming here! Pretty soon I can already see myself spending more than $1,000 on an amp...and call it cheap!
eek.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least you make other head-fier's happy by putting your 'old' equipment for sale at extremely low prices
rolleyes.gif

I don't qualify yet, but I have three teenage kids to dump older gear.

I have found that admitting myself that I might be slightly audiophile helps (even though I despise audiophiles), at least I don't buy crap and do more research before buying anything -- I don't audition stuff before buying it.

Since I have not found anti-audiophile pills, better gear is the only choice.

Why life has to be this complicated? Most people are happy with anything that makes noise, why can't I be?

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #18 of 37
When someone realizes what is happening through exposure to Head-Fi, there are two thoughts that come immediately to mind:

1) Run Forrest, Run!

but, who are we trying to kid, the reality is more like:

2) You can check out any time you like .....
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #19 of 37
I've been a member since mid july & so far i've bought SE530, Tomahawk, 2 ipod lod (1 alo) & just finalised a deal on an iMod & super cotton dock today...

I'm happy though
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But when you think about it... isn't it best to by the highest end device because your going to upgrade to it anyway. This will eliminate the "upgrade path" and be cheaper in the long run. Ohh crap... look how this forum has me thinking now.
frown.gif

Not always. Most of the fun in this hobby is the journey towards your "perfect sound", which doesn't always translate into having the most expensive gear.

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #21 of 37
In 4 weeks:

Senn HD600
Senn PMX100
Senn PX100 (one PX100 fake, one real)
ER6i
E500PTH
Ultrasone HFI700 DVD

RSA Tomahawk amp
iBasso D1 DAC/Amp
cMoy bass boost Amp
cMoy Penguin Amp

Sony D-5 pcdp x2
Sony D-25s pcdp
Sony D-EJ2000 pcdp (optical out)
Sony D-NE20 pcdp (optical out)
iRiver H120 DAP (optical out) x2
multiple inter-connect cables and optical cables

Fender Stratocaster and Behringer Amp

What is this upgraditis you speak of? I didn't upgrade anything or get rid of anything, I just added to what I have
blink.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #22 of 37
It's a disease. I used to be content with my Sony buds. . . now my cat turns his nose up at them

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But when you think about it... isn't it best to by the highest end device because your going to upgrade to it anyway. This will eliminate the "upgrade path" and be cheaper in the long run. Ohh crap... look how this forum has me thinking now.
frown.gif

cannot agree more, jumping from E2C to UE-10pro last year eliminate pretty much all the headphone upgrades. (Next: for the source upgrade, argggh... where is the end.)

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #24 of 37
See, now I am thinking that I have to make custom fit IEMs and change my portable rig before I can be happy.
I found my self listening to a noname rockchip mp4 player and liking the music on my cheapie buds and working outside but then I thought "yeah, but there's part of the music that I am not even hearing - I probably couldn't even hear the artist breathing..."

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In 4 weeks:

Senn HD600
Senn PMX100
Senn PX100 (one PX100 fake, one real)
ER6i
E500PTH
Ultrasone HFI700 DVD

RSA Tomahawk amp
iBasso D1 DAC/Amp
cMoy bass boost Amp
cMoy Penguin Amp

Sony D-5 pcdp x2
Sony D-25s pcdp
Sony D-EJ2000 pcdp (optical out)
Sony D-NE20 pcdp (optical out)
iRiver H120 DAP (optical out) x2
multiple inter-connect cables and optical cables

Fender Stratocaster and Behringer Amp

What is this upgraditis you speak of? I didn't upgrade anything or get rid of anything, I just added to what I have
blink.gif

Haha....

Sounds like me too..

It's 10 IEMs, 5 CANs, 4 AMPs, 9 DAPs in 6 weeks for me and I still see no end in sight. Eyeing on new DACs now. Then my source would be lacking. Get more new sources, and as I have yet to sell anything, I am not sure if it is upgraditis or collectionitis !
plainface.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2) You can check out any time you like .....
tongue.gif

But you can never leave...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
LOL

Yeah dude, you are sooooooooo right. I know what you mean. I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Darth Beyer anytime soon now... Itchy fingers... or Ears rather.
blink.gif

Head-Fi is BAAAAAAAAAAADDDD!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you can never leave...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
LOL

Yeah dude, you are sooooooooo right. I know what you mean. I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Darth Beyer anytime soon now... Itchy fingers... or Ears rather.
blink.gif

Head-Fi is BAAAAAAAAAAADDDD!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I left head-fi for a while. I just came back and am considering spending $1000.

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I left head-fi for a while. I just came back and am considering spending $1000.

Same here.. except everytime this happens i replace pretty much everything
Let's just say everything in my sig is new, save 2 or 3 things

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha....

Sounds like me too..

It's 10 IEMs, 5 CANs, 4 AMPs, 9 DAPs in 6 weeks for me and I still see no end in sight. Eyeing on new DACs now. Then my source would be lacking. Get more new sources, and as I have yet to sell anything, I am not sure if it is upgraditis or collectionitis !
plainface.gif

And you have still to get a pair of Etymotic ER4P, not to talk about custom IEMs. Then, you'll really hear some serious stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back