What has headfi done to me!?
Sep 2, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha....

Sounds like me too..

It's 10 IEMs, 5 CANs, 4 AMPs, 9 DAPs in 6 weeks for me and I still see no end in sight. Eyeing on new DACs now. Then my source would be lacking. Get more new sources, and as I have yet to sell anything, I am not sure if it is upgraditis or collectionitis !
plainface.gif

Problem is. When I see these equipment lists, immediately this comes to mind: "What is the best rig I could build with all this money?" ... the answer usually is - you could have a balanced hd600 or a Stax rig easily... why do you people bother with all this junk?

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem is. When I see these equipment lists, immediately this comes to mind: "What is the best rig I could build with all this money?" ... the answer usually is - you could have a balanced hd600 or a Stax rig easily... why do you people bother with all this junk?

You are too cruel. And so is reality.

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For years i have been content with my e2c headphones even while i was lurking these forums. But last night, it all changed, I put on my E2Cs after i was listening HD555s for a few hours. At that moment i realized how bad my earbuds sound. Then i looked on eBay to see if they were on sale from that e500 seller and thankfully or regretfully he posted a few more. Well, i couldn't resist and i snagged a pair. I knew this was going to happen. God... sooner or later I'm going to find myself ordering a xin and an ALO dock...
icon10.gif

I swear i am going to block this site.... In fact i shouldn't even be typing this now... *in homers voice* DOH!
tongue.gif

Head-fi standard greeting follows:

Welcome to head-fi, "sorry about your wallet".

I'm up to $1,950 on ebay in 60 days, plus another $1,000 to other head-fiers... Had to sell two assault rifles for $1,500 to stop the bleeding...

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #34 of 37
lol

I joined this forum and in 1 week I've already purchased a Shure se530 and Tomahawk.

I'm a poor college student though, so I'm not going to be eating for a while to help recoup for that $650 that I just spent.

Dang you!!!!

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cannot agree more, jumping from E2C to UE-10pro last year eliminate pretty much all the headphone upgrades. (Next: for the source upgrade, argggh... where is the end.)

Well, yes. That's what I thought, too! I was a diehard IEM guy. e2c to SF5pro to Triple.Fi.... now I hardly touch 'em, and just sold my Super.Fi. It's all about the cans now. And that's the real wallet killer, because with IEMs, a decent source and portable amp will work fine. When you get into full-size, which arguably sound better than IEMs when you have a good pair (especially in regards to impact, punch, and presence) it's a whole different ball game. Source and amp are really important now. I've already got my next DAC/AMP picked (Corda Opera)... now I just need the cash.
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by underclocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See, now I am thinking that I have to make custom fit IEMs and change my portable rig before I can be happy.

You will always be happy with new equipment, but you will never be content. But I think that goes for any material possesions. After you get them, the super dooper thrill lasts 2 days and then you need something new. Well, with guys anyway. I think women are a little different.
tongue.gif
redface.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, this happens to all of us. See my signature. I started with the Shure e2c. Actually, I started with Apple In-Ear phones. Now look where it got me.

I'm curious, have you ever posted a review of the 7509HD? A while ago I was looking everywhere for a comparison of it vs. the 7509 and couldn't find anything except other curious souls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back