What has GRADO done to me?
May 30, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 26
I can't tell you right now if I'm a Grado fanboy or not, I'm a newbie here guys and I'm planning to buy some Grados soon, do you recommend me to start with the SR-60 or go directly to the SR-80?. I carry my Rock/Alternative tunes in a iPOD 4th gen.

I don't know why but, after reading your posts, seems that I'm going on my way to be a Grado fanboy. I better start to save.

May 30, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 26
I got my first SR80 in early 1994. I had read about the Grado HP series and the SR200 but could not afford them. I thought the SR60 was a steal for the money. Still do.

May 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #18 of 26
What has grado done to me? hmmmm....

Started with grado sr-60

upgraded to sr80

upgraded to sr225

upgraded to ms2

upgraded to RS-1

currently own vintage RS-1 and HP-2, after owning 2 vintage RS-1's and 4 HP-2's at various times.

Yeah grado has pretty much screwed me loyally
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has grado done to me? hmmmm....

Started with grado sr-60

upgraded to sr80

upgraded to sr225

upgraded to ms2

upgraded to RS-1

currently own vintage RS-1 and HP-2, after owning 2 vintage RS-1's and 4 HP-2's at various times.

Yeah grado has pretty much screwed me loyally
biggrin.gif

I'm getting my 225's woodied so maybe I can wait for the RS1's. (Even tho I'm already looking at them often and drooooooooooling)

May 31, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting my 225's woodied so maybe I can wait for the RS1's. (Even tho I'm already looking at them often and drooooooooooling)

Dont worry you will end up with them for sure, its inevitable. Sorry.

May 31, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. I'll play.

What makes an RS-1 "vintage".

Do the cups of the RS-1 smash your ears like the SR-80?

How would you characterize the SQ upgrade from the SR-80?

I do believe it's the buttons.
?
?

May 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #23 of 26
The RS-1s are one of the nicest looking hps out there. I'm glad I got a pair as they are the best rock hps I've heard to date. I don't know that I want to hear better. I'd rather be be blissfully ignorant. They need little amping and work well with portable players.

I'd heard the 60-80-125s but were too shrill (new/no break-in) so I never bothered. The looks of the wood and the reviews for rock finally made me buy without hearing.

I'm a very happy camper.

May 31, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you're no longer in the closet. It's OK. You're not alone and the Sennheiser and AKG people will accept you as you are.

Now that you're comfortable with your orientation, you need to buy the RS-1. You have to. I'm pretty sure that's in the Terms of Use. After that, you're going to put a Gold cartridge on a turntable.

Since you brought it up, I have to ask. I have an old Dual 721 in dire need of a new cartridge. I have quite a bit of vinyl, but alas, most of it would probably be rated in fair condition so I would not want to spend a small fortune on a cartridge. Have never used a Grado cartridge (mostly used Ortofons) , but have heard good reports on them. Any suggestions?

May 31, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved my SR-80s until I bought some Ultimate Ears Triple-fi 10's.

Seriously, the SR-80 sounds low-fi, in comparison.

eating_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back