What has GRADO done to me?
May 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ronnielee54

Headphoneus Supremus
When I first joined this forum, I bought PX100's after the many praises. Was perfectly happy with them. After about 6 months I aquired ES7's. Loved them. Was finally able to find a pair of HD580's after months of searching and thought I was finally satisfied. Then one day on a whim, I traded an amp and PDCP for some MS1's. After a couple of weeks I noticed that I was not using the ES7's which were for my at work rig. A couple of months later, I was able to trade a Nikon lens for some 325i's. It wasn't to long after this that not only have I quit listening to my 580's at home, but I also responded to a WTB 580 add this week. What in the hell has happened to me? Have I always been a closet Grado fanboy?

May 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 26
My first real headphone was the SR80 and ever since then I became a Grado-boy.

When I use my HD580, I think about my Grados. However, I do love my HD580 for jazz and classical but for everything else Grado does it for me.

May 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 26
Hey, its just that you like 1 flavour (sound signature) more than another, nothing wrong with that.

You - like Grado
Fitz - like AKG

see, works out.

May 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 26
I am a bona-fide Grado fanboy (4 pairs of phones + Reference Platinum phono cartridge). Welcome to the club.

...although, I just got a set of AKG 701s and I am starting to see a shift.

May 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 26
You know, I always though I was a bonafide Grado fanboy until I found out about orthodynamics and electrostatics. hahaha, just a little warning for what comes down the line.

May 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved my SR-80s until I bought some Ultimate Ears Triple-fi 10's.

Seriously, the SR-80 sounds low-fi, in comparison.

Now you've done it....
biggrin.gif

(pulls up a chair)

May 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 26
Well, you're no longer in the closet. It's OK. You're not alone and the Sennheiser and AKG people will accept you as you are.

Now that you're comfortable with your orientation, you need to buy the RS-1. You have to. I'm pretty sure that's in the Terms of Use. After that, you're going to put a Gold cartridge on a turntable.

May 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you're no longer in the closet. It's OK. You're not alone and the Sennheiser and AKG people will accept you as you are.

Now that you're comfortable with your orientation, you need to buy the RS-1. You have to. I'm pretty sure that's in the Terms of Use. After that, you're going to put a Gold cartridge on a turntable.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back